Harlowe x Haven

*Haven's pov*
I was raised by the island, and born to defend it. And according to The Scientist, the island will need a LOT of defence soon.
I never saw anything dangerous about the Reality Tree, but clearly everyone else did.
Especially my friend Harlowe. She always thought it was strange that I 'Talk to the trees' but the Reality Tree made her extremely uncomfortable.
I was sitting on the back of a Klombo, making sure to stay far away from the blow hole.
That didn't go well last time.
"Oh hey Haven!" I heard Harlowe yell. I quickly put my Eclipse Hunter mask back on.
"Hey Harlowe," I responded simply. She attempted to jump on Tooth, my Klombo, but he growled and snapped his jaw at her.
"Hey calm down Tooth!" I soothed.
He glared at me.
'Yeah whatever, let your girlfriend jump up then!' He growled, but only I could understand him. I blushed and held my hand out for Harlowe.
"Well, what he say this time?" She asked, grabbing my hand and pulling herself up.
"Nothing," I said quickly. She raised an eyebrow, but let it slide.
I tossed some klomberries to Tooth, and ate some myself before handing the rest to Harlowe. She winced and shook her head.
"That's disgusting, in my opinion," she stated.
Disappointing that she'll always think my mouth tastes bad then.

This is strange. The forest feels like it's warning me of something......
I knew Tooth could sense it too.

This is a catastrophe! One day, I'm sitting of Tooth's back and admiring Loot Lake, the next al the Klombo are gone!!!
I'm left in tears, I can't find any of the Klombo I call my family.
My tears were dripping out from underneath the mask I never took off in front of others. I hugged my knees to my chest, back pressed against the trunk of a tree.
"Haven?" Harlowe called softly, walking cautiously into the clearing of which I lived. I sobbed into my knees, giving her an exact location of where I was. She parted the bushes and crawled into the small 'cavern' of bushes. By this, I mean a dome of bushes with a hallow inside that I like to sit in.
I sniffled into my knees.
"Haven? C'mon it'll be okay," she whispered, hugging me from the side.
Okay? How is this okay? My family and my favourite food are gone!
"It's not okay," I sobbed. I lifted my head.
"My family are gone! Nothing is okay-" I broke off as she grabbed me and pulled me forward, slamming her lips against mine.
I gasped into her mouth, and she felt the ridges of my mask press against her face.

I grumbled, sitting in the grass, alone, and picking away at an apple. This was disgusting. Harlowe barely ever had to put effort into looking for me, all she had to do was follow the trail of fruit discards. Whether it be half eaten strawberries, apples, oranges, bananas or literally anything else, there was always something for her to go on.
Well at least she thinks my kisses taste fine
I chuckled to myself.
"Whatcha laughing about?" Harlowe asked, approaching me from behind. I jumped up, startled by her sudden arrival.
"Jesus! Don't do that, Harls!" I yelled, blushing furiously. She could barely see my blush in the darkness of the night, the only light coming from the full moon that shone down on us.
"So it was pineapples today?" She chuckled. I hummed, chucking away the apple core. She rolled her eyes and pulled me forward to kiss me with passion. I hummed and rested my hands on her muscular shoulders.
I felt her hands slowly travel up to the ridge of my mask, and I growled, grabbing her hands and pulling them away. She blinked slowly before backing away a couple steps, hands raised.
"It's been two months of us dating.....I just want to see your eyes...." She whispered.
I sighed.
Why won't I let her see my eyes?

This was it. I'll take off my mask for her today.
Just this once
I heard her approaching, and glanced back. I laid out three masks in front of her as she sat down. One was a pink cat, the second was a black cat, and the third was mg Midnight Scavenger one. These were three of her favourites.
"Pick a mask," I stated. She looked at me with confusion, but picked up her favourite of the three, the Midnight Scavenger one. I bowed my head, giving her a smirk as her eyes widened.
"Wait you're letting me take it off?" She whispered in shock. I nodded.
"Go ahead,"
She reluctantly reached out her hands, and brushed her fingers tentatively over the ridge. Normally, I would've pushed her away by now, so she was shocked when I let her hook her fingertips around the back of my mask and pull it off. She gently placed it next to the others, staring at my eyes. Blue. So many different shades, like the ocean.
She kissed me. Firmly. And didn't let go.
My blue eyes. Her green eyes.
Like the ocean and the forest. And they always lived together.