4

"What did you get on the test?" Fulton asks me. We got our tests back from Mr. Peters already. "I got a 95%. What did you?" I ask him. "68%." He tells me. "That's good Fulton for your first academic algebra test!" I grin at him. Fulton smiles down at his paper. "What did you get Kennedy?" Fulton asks her. "98%." She grins as she turns around to us. "She got higher than you Adam!" Fulton chuckles at me. "95 isn't that bad Adam!" She tells me. "It's not. But it's not a 98!" I tell her. "I can tutor you!" Kennedy says sarcastically with a smile. "Might have to take you up on that!" I chuckle.

Class starts and Kennedy turns back around.

-

"Adam, where's your girlfriend?" Averman asks. "Fucking Jack!" Russ grins. "You're funny Russ." I groan and eat my lunch. "I meant Kennedy!" Averman tells me. "I'm not dating Kennedy." I tell him and the rest of them. "You showed up with her to my party on Friday." Luis states. "We were studying!" I state. "Ya 'studying'." Goldberg says. "I was there for a little bit and studying with them. They were studying." Fulton tells them. "Thank you Fulton!" I look over at him. "But what happened after he left?" Guy asks. "We still studied and just talked." I try and explain t0 them. "Okay!" Averman says and we continue eating lunch.

Nothing did happen after Fulton left. We studied and got to know each other and then went to the party. Do I like her? I do. But does she like me back, most likely not.

"Kennedy!" Connie calls her over to our table. "Hey guys." She says and sits down next to Charlie. "Hey Kennedy! How do like it so far here? You're halfway through your second week!" Connie asks her. "So far so good. I'm not getting lost anymore and the classes aren't that bad." She grins. "Are you excited for our first game on Friday?" Charlie asks. "I am." Kennedy grins. So do I. "I heard your starting Kennedy, good luck, you'll need it!" Goldberg tells her. "Goldie, don't psych her out like you did with Julie that one time!" I tell him. "Coming to get defence now!" Averman quietly tells me with a grin. "Shut up Averman!" I tell him.

-

"Hey Kennedy!" I grin at her as she puts her equipment in the back of her car. We just finished practice. "Hey Adam! Good practice!" She grins at me as she shuts her trunk door. "Ya you too!" I say to her. "Did you finish the biology homework?" I ask. "I did. Did you?" "No. I'm still trying to figure out the last two questions." I tell her. "Do you want some help?" She offers. "Kennedy you don't have to!" I tell her. "My mom stayed late at work so it would be just me at home. And I don't mind helping!" She grins at me. "We can go over to my house again!" I say. "Okay!" Kennedy and I bit grin.

Kennedy follows me back to my house in her car and then we walk up to my room.

I grab another chair for the two of us to sit at my desk so she can show me how to finish the last two questions.

"Adam!" My mom says as she walks into my room. "Oh, hi Kennedy!" Mom says. "Hi Mrs. Banks!" Kennedy grins. "Sorry I didn't tell you she was coming over. She's just helping me with biology homework." I tell her. "That's okay, I was just coming to see if you had any dirty laundry in here." She states. "It's in my laundry basket." I tell her. "Great!" Mom says and grabs the basket and leaves.

"Sorry!" I look over at Kennedy and apologize. "It's okay!" She grins. We look at each other for a second and we both smile at each other. "Where were we?" Kennedy asks with a little smile. I grin and kiss her for a few seconds. "Sorry!" I say. "It's okay!" Kennedy smiles and kisses me back. "Back to homework!" She tells me. I grin and look back down at my homework.

-

It's pretty late and Kennedy is just leaving.

"Thanks for helping me with biology!" I thank her as I walk her to her car. "Of course!" She grins. "Thanks for walking me to my car!" Kennedy grins. "Of course!" I say. "Sorry I kissed you earlier." I apologize. "It's fine! I did kiss you back!" Kennedy states. "I know! I didn't want to overstep!" "You didn't Adam!" She grins. "I'll see you tomorrow!" Kennedy grins as she opens her door. "Bye Kennedy!" I grin at her before I start walking back to the house.

"Ugh!" I groan as I lay back on my bed. Why did I have to kiss her! I'm such and idiot.

"She's a nice girl!" Mom says as she walks into my room. "She is." I say. "It was nice of her to come help you with your homework!" "Ya well I didn't know two questions and she offered to help." I tell her as I sit up and look at her. "Maybe keep her around then!" Mom grins a little. "Mom!" I say. "Night Adam!" Mom says as she walks out. "Night!" I say and shut my door.