20

4 years later

"You did it Kenny!" I go up to her and hug her. "I finally graduated!" She smiles up at me. "I knew you could do!" I tell her with a smile and kiss her. "Know if I get injured, you can help me get better!" I tell her. "That was the plan from the begging!" She chuckles with a smile. "That is true!" I chuckle with her.

Kennedy graduated from the University of Pennsylvania from the kinesiology program. I went to the same university for two years and then I got drafted to the NHL. I got drafted to Minnesota Wild, first overall. I'm second line centre and I'm one of the top scorers on the team. Kennedy has only been to a few games. We've been on the road lots and she was busy with school. But she applied to a bunch of jobs in Minnesota and she got them all. So she is going to choose one and we are going to live together.

Since I asked Kennedy to be my girlfriend at the Christmas semi-formal dance back in high school, we've been dating every since. We're going into our 4th year together and I've enjoyed every minutes. Kennedy has cheered me through every step of my career. Now I get to do the same for her.

Both of our parents came to see her graduate. I finally got to meet her dad a few months after we started dating. He's a very nice guy and he liked me right away. Kennedy's mom Holly likes me as well. My mom loved Kennedy since the first day I brought her home to study with Fulton. My dad warmed up to her and know he likes her.

"Congrats Kenny!" Her mom goes and hugs her. "I'm proud of you honey!" Her dad hugs her after. "Thank you!" She smiles. "Congratulations Kennedy! You did amazing work and you're going to accomplish lots!" My dad tells her. "Thank you!" She smiles at him and my mom. "Know let's go eat!" Her dad states with a grin. The rest of us chuckle and we go to our cars and drive to a restaurant.

-----

It's a few days later and Kennedy and I came back to Minnesota

We go to my apartment I live in and we unpack her stuff. I'm planning a big surprise for her. She has no clue.

"Can't you believe it Adam! We went from dating in grade 12, to know living together and you playing in the NHL!" Kennedy smiles as she walks into our living room. "It's been the best 4 years Kenny!" I grin. "It really has been!" Kennedy grins and looks out the windows.

"Kennedy!" I say as I walk up behind her. "Ya?" She asks as she turns around. "Oh my god!" She smiles and covers her mouth as I get down on one knee. "Kennedy, will you marry me?" I ask her with a smile. "Adam! Of course!" She keeps smiling. I keep smiling as well and I stand up and out the ring on her finger before we kiss, then hug.

"Kennedy Banks, that's has a nice ring to it!" She smiles as she looks at the ring in her finger. "I love you!" I grin and kiss her forehead.