Chapter 5

The raven haired boy started his day with a hearty breakfast. His emerald green eyes had returned to its serene quality. The grief lurking in it as he aroused from his slumber had gone.
It was another day of shopping for him. Costum made robes and casual wear from Twilfitt and Tattings, potion ingredients from the apothecary, tons of quills, ink and parchment, several trinkets and lastly, his wand.
Harry was curious. Now that he was free from horcrux, will the so called twin core wand of Voldemort's wand still choose him? Or was it that the wand simply recognized it's other half owner in Harry?
The Olivander in this world appears more mysterious than the book. Unlike the flamboyant oh I remember everyone who buys my wand in the original timelines, this Olivander seems to be more sedate, if not contemplating, when he first met Harry. Olivander seems to see right through him as the old wandmaker's eyes widen slightly in wonder as he took Harry in.
"Ah, mister Potter. Here for your wand, I presume. Now, your wand hand please. " the man didn't say much and went to work.
Harry wondered what he saw. According to some fandom, Olivander has the ability to see magic in its pureform. Maybe somehow, his magic has trace of something that indicates the state of his actual self. But Harry honestly can't bring himself to care. It's not like that knowledge was believable enough to point it could threaten him in any way.
Harry's wand selection duration was relatively shorter the other timeline. After trying on various wand, he finally found the one. Ebony and Phoenix feather, 13 inch. The aloof wand sent a glittering silver spark as Harry casually swung it.
  Apparently Voldemort's presence had changed too many events in Harry's life to the point of being unrecognizedable. It was somewhat sad to think how much the other Harry missed in life just because the adults in his life was a not reliable enough to ensure his well-being.
Harry end his second trip with visit to pet shop, where he bought his first familiar, a raven. Though the idea of having a beautiful snowy owl as a familiar was tempting, he couldn't get past the fact that it would be a painfully distinctive owl. A trait that will make it easier for enemy to lock on it, and making it impossible to be sneaky when necessary.
  After a whole day of shopping, he then retire to his temporary lodging.