2

<<art by maimeido on tumblr>>

It feels good to be back home in Hell. Now I don't have to worry about those kids at school. But I still need to make my plan to get Philip here. Or at least see him one more time. That's all I want. Is that too much? I don't think it is. I'm sure he'd be happy to see me. I know I'm gonna be really excited when I see him. I grab a notebook and pencil from my desk drawer. It's planning time. If I'm going to Heaven, I need a decent disguise to make me not look like a demon. I can't risk being killed. I'll need to cover my ears and my sharp teeth somehow. "Damien come here for a moment." Dammit dad what could you want right now I need to make my plan!!

"Dad not now I'm making a plan."

"Your plan can wait. You have a visitor."

"God dammit." I angrily set my stuff down beside me and I get up. I leave my room and I make my way to the living room. My dad is standing in front of our TV. "So.. where's the guest you liar." I try looking past him but he's too wide and tall for me to see anything.

"Behind me of course! Haha it was funny seeing you try to look."

"Dad stop playing silly nonsense games with me or I'm going back to my room." He glares at me and moves to the left. My whole body freezes instantly when my brain and eyes register who it is.

"Eho Damien! Did you miss me?" I'd recognize that voice from many miles away. I slowly move forward towards him and I hug him. He hugs me back. "I'll take that as a yes!"

"I was crying in the restroom after hearing about your death and I was so ready to go up to Heaven to see you once more and-"

"Woah woah.." He pushes me back softly and he places his hands on my shoulders. He looks into my eyes and it's sort of intimidating. I'm not used to this. "The Prince of Darkness missed me that much? I felt the same way!"

"But.. but how are you here? Shouldn't you be in Heaven? You're not bad enough to be here. You're not even bad."

"Well Prince of Darkness, they sent me here because we were friends and they wanted no angels to have any contact with demons it seems.. I don't even know how they found out! But I'm glad I'm here! It feels great to see you after so long. I thought you'd forget me!"

"How could I forget you Philip? Yo-" His eyes sparkle and it catches me off guard.

"You're gonna call me Philip?"

"I don't hate you." He lets go of my shoulders and we make our way to the couch to be more comfortable. My dad must have left because he's no where in sight. That's fine. This talk is better off private with just me and Philip. "I really didn't before. Even when I called you Pip. I didn't actually hate you. It just feels weird for me to actually enjoy spending time with someone else that isn't my dad." His smile is very comforting at the moment. "So you'd be a fallen angel right?"

"I'd say so Damien!"

"Well uhm where are you going to live now?"

"Some place for fallen angels. But I'll be in Hell. They're going to take me there Monday morning so we have today through Sunday night!"

"Well I think we should hang out if you want. It's been over a year since we seen each other last."

"Cherrio! What a great idea! I think tomorrow morning we should begin?" I agree to his idea and we shake hands. My dad comes back to the living room.

"Damien. He's going to spend the night here until he goes to the place where the fallen angels go."

"Yes dad." I'm okay with that. I check the time on the clock that's on the wall. 6:47 PM it seems to say. My dad leaves again. "Well we have some time to kill until it's time to go to bed. We can watch movies or something."

"Movies! Please." I turn on the TV and we scroll through on demand movies to watch. "Terrence and Phillip is here. We can watch that." He agrees and I turn it on. It'll be a good time killer.
"Hey." He looks at me. "So when you go to that fallen angel thing.. can you visit?"

"Of course! I can visit whenever! It'll just be my home."

"I'm glad. I felt embarrassed to cry for the first time in years.." He places a hand on my shoulder.

"Damien. You should let your emotions out! If you bottle them all up inside, they'll overtake you and then you'll be all angry. Which I'm worried that's happening to you." I just look at him without saying anything. I think he's right. Maybe that's why I get angry easily. I never let anything out and maybe it's overtaking me. He brings me in for a hug and I hug him back tightly. This feels needed somewhat. Maybe I don't deserve it fully but it feels nice. "Promise me that you'll start showing them more, okay?" He whispers softly. I nod while still hugging him. "Right-O." I'd like to stay like this for a little bit. It's good relief.

❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖ ❁

Nighttime comes and we head into my room to go lay down and rest. Guests always take the bed, so I lay on the floor. "Damien there's room for two!"

"No no it's okay. Guests get the bed."

"You sure?"

"Positive." He accepts it and covers up with my blanket. I put on the spare throw blanket that I got for myself and I turn on my left side. My whole body is laying on a big thick blanket that's on the floor. I don't wanna lay on the wood tile. "What was Heaven like?"

"Harps, clouds, many deserts!"

"I see." I frown. "Would.. would you rather be there now?" He seems to think about it for a moment.

"I'd rather be with you, ol chap! I didn't have friends up there either." I smile to myself. "Well I guess we should get sleeping! Tomorrow we'll head out and explore some!"

"Yeah that's the plan at least. Well, goodnight Philip."

"Goodnight Damien!" I close my eyes and I take a deep breath. Hopefully my excitement dies down so I can get good sleep tonight. Pip begins to snore softly as I readjust my pillow. Wait, is he sleeping with his hat on? I look at him and sure enough he is. I get up and I slowly take it off of his head. His hair is quite frizzy under there it seems. I put his hat on my nightstand and I lay back down on the thick blanket. I start to think about the encounters that I had today. Those four kids that were wearing all black clothes that wanted me to join them were odd. I don't want to be part of any group, no matter how big or small. I like being independent or with Philip. "D..Damien.. Are you awake..?" His sudden speaking scares me. I didn't expect him to talk now!

"Yeah I am. What's going on?"

"I don't feel like sleeping at the moment.."

"But you were snoring earlier! Clearly you can sleep." I laugh softly.

"I was? Well I don't want to right now."

"You really should. Tomorrow is a busy day."

"But.. Where's my hat? Oh it's on the nightstand. Anyways. I guess I should try."

"Right-O like you would say."

"Hehe! Right-O!" He pauses for a moment. "It's 11."

"Well that's a even bigger indicator that you need to go to sleep."

"I guess so! Goodnight again Damien. I'm sorry for keeping you up late."

"Don't feel bad about it. And goodnight again Philip." I put my blanket on and I close my eyes again. It might take me a little while to fall asleep but I'm okay with that. He begins to snore again and I smile. As long as he's okay, I'm okay. I should put myself first now that I think about it before I get too attached. Maybe I'm already there unfortunately. Wait. I'm only ten years old. Why am I like this? I'm too young to be worrying about this kind of thing at the moment. My thoughts begin to disappear. I guess I'm going to sleep now. Goodnight all.

----- ୨୧ -----