3

<<art by gamshrew on tumblr>>

"Wake up Damien!!" I wake up to my body being shaken by Philip. What a weird thing to wake up to.

"Agh.. what time is it Philip.." He stops shaking me and I cover my eyes with my arm to protect them from my ceiling light. I love sleeping in but I did tell him that we can explore in the morning. And I don't give up my promises. Wait did I promise that? Maybe. Maybe not. But I will stand by my words.

"8:23!"

"That's early. Jeez."

"No it isn't. I always get up at 6:30."

"How?! I'm usually sleeping in until 9 at least."

"Well it seems we were cut from different trees! I'm the peach and you're the plum."

"Are you calling me bitter?" Compared to me, he's the softest cloud in the sky when it comes to personality.

"Ah don't be mad!! But you can be.." He puts his hat on and he scratches the back of his neck. He isn't wrong. I definitely have bitter tendencies. "Opposites attract! I think that's why we're good friends!!"

"We'll always be close. I can sense it. Well uhm I did agree that we would explore this morning so we better get ready. You can just wear my clothes if you don't have any spares."

"No no it's all good! But oh cheerio thank you for the offer! I have all my clothes and stuff!" I get up and I open my closet doors to look through my sweaters. I think I'll go with a black one that has flames on the sleeves. I close my closet doors and I open up my dresser. I grab a pair of black sweatpants and other clothes.

"I'll change in the bathroom. Take your time." I head to the bathroom and I get dressed. Philip wears a bowtie and other stuff, so he'll take longer than me I assume. I don't think I can tie a tie. That sounds weird. Anyways, I take my dirty clothes to the laundry room and I put them in my dad's basket. I didn't put them in mine since it's in my room and Philip is in there getting dressed still. He can take as much time as he needs. I stretch my arms and my dad walks by.

"Good morning Damien. It's really early for you to be up. Special occasion?"

"Morning dad, me and Philip are going to spend time together today."

"Well be safe out there. You never know who's out and about." He pats my head and goes to his room. Philip stands by me.

"I'm ready whenever you are!"

"Well, let's get going!"

❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖ ❁

Today feels oddly chilly. I know I said I wouldn't come out of the bathroom until Hell freezes over, but I hope it doesn't freeze. I don't think it will however. It's just a very slight cool breeze that honestly feels nice when it runs through my hair. The trees sway slightly when the wind comes to visit. I put my hands in my sweatpants pockets and I glance at Philip. We're walking around for a little bit. We just got done eating breakfast at some diner and it was pretty good. "You know Damien."

"Hm?"

"You're the Prince of Darkness, but no one recognizes you. Why is that?" Well that is a interesting question. You'd think I'd be popular because I'm Satans son. But nope.

"Well. I never go outside. He's not my actual dad. Many reasons I guess." I kick a rock that was sitting on the sidewalk. He frowns and looks at me, clearly getting some mixture of sympathy and guilt. "Don't feel bad. I'm fine. I feel bad for you. You got bullied all the time when we met at school. How did you even manage?" We walk into the park and we sit by a tree.

"I mean... It just became the usual I guess, like a cup of tea! I mean it wasn't my cup of tea but it just became part of my life. I just had to deal with it." He takes off his hat and he scratches the top of his head. "Cherrio, it feels nice here doesn't it?" What a switch up of tone.

"Oh yeah it does." I look at him. "If you're a fallen angel, where's your broken halo?"

"Where's your devil horns?" He smirks playfully.

"You got me there." We both laugh. It feels good to laugh with him, especially when the weather is in our favor. There's nice, orange colored leaves on the ground. I scoop a few up and I throw them at Philip. "Take that!"

"Hey!" He scoops some up as well and throws them at me. We continue this for a little bit, laughing and giggling. This is quite fun. Just us playing and not caring about what anyone thinks. Eventually we stop to catch our breaths. I lay down on my back and he lays down by me on his side. "Well.. that was fun!"

"That was really fun. I'm glad we did that." I pause for a moment. "I can't believe we haven't seen each other for a year and a half." It has felt like five years have gone by, not a year and a half. But again, I'm glad that he's here. I keep repeating myself because I really mean it. Even though we really haven't known each other long, we're still super close. We have some sort of bond that no one can possibly comprehend. And I'm glad about it. Our friendship is unmatched.

"You look lost in thought!" I snap out of my thinking.

"I guess I am, sort of."

"What's on your mind Prince of Darkness?"

"No need to call me by my title." I smile. "I was just thinking of how we're great friends even though we haven't really known each other long. Isn't that interesting?"

"Well I mean it is. But we have many similarities. I guess that's why we.. what's the word that has gravity in it?"

"Gravitated?"

"Cheerio! Yes!" He sits up and looks at me. I continue laying down. I bring my legs up so they're not laying flat on the grass. "Our things in common made us gravitate towards each other! Like magnets! Or tea with biscuits! Yes you're the biscuit to my tea! Yeah. That's what you are." He points to me. "You're the biscuit to my tea Damien."

"Well yes we have things in common. But I'm a demon after all. What made you want to keep talking to me?" I lean up a little, using my arm as support. I am interested for his answer.

"You listened to me when no one else wanted to." My eyes widen. That's the main reason why he stays. So he feels heard. He seems to like me as a person of course but I guess that's the real reason. "I know it's silly.."

"No. I get it. Someone gives you positive attention, you want to stay by them. That's not silly. You just want positive people around." I take off his hat and I shake up his hair. "I'm not the most positive but I'll try hard for you." He smiles and grabs his hat out of my hand. He then puts it on my head instead of his. It feels weird wearing a hat since I never wear one.

"Trying is the best thing you can do!" He pauses and fluffs up his bangs slightly. "But don't do it for me. Do it for yourself okay? I'll be proud of any positive thing you do."

"And I'll be proud of anything positive you do too." I adjust his hat. It feels great talking with him like this. Even if we're just spending time together quietly. I always wonder why no one liked him at school. He's very wonderful once you talk with him. With me I get cause I'm a demon. Obviously you can't win everyone's approval but I thought he'd at least have one friend. Just one before I got there. I'm glad that I'm friends with him. He lays on his back with his head near my chest. I place his hat on his face and I snicker.

"Damien!" He takes it off and hits me softly in the arm with it. I'm too busy giggling to mind. He sets his hat aside as he lays his head back down. I catch my breath and I happily sigh. It can't get much better than this I don't think.

----- ୨୧ -----