Part 2 - Diary of a Wimpy Kid (2010 - 2018)

On February 15th, 2008, Zach Gordon made his own Wimpy Kid Fan - Cover with his birthday wish on it. Fortunately, a year later, on August 30th, 2009, the Wimpy Kid Movie Staff called Zach and told him he got the part of Greg Heffley. Zach was very happy, and a month later they started filming the first "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" movie. The cast had to write down or type an essay about their part on the movie to adapt to the part. Zach typed his essay. After the essay, the staff, crew and cast started filming "Diary of a Wimpy Kid". Here are some of Zach's lines from the movie. "The what?"  "Well then, your mom's trying to get you killed". "That broken hand was the best thing that ever happened to you!"   "It was Rodrick, he woke me up!"   And  "Just to be clear, this is a journal, not a diary." After they got done filming the first film, the film finally came out on March 25th, 2010. Five months later, on July 31st, 2010, the staff, crew and cast reunited to start filming "Rodrick Rules." Unlike the first film, the cast didn't have to make an essay because they were already adjusted to their parts. In the skater rink scene right before the intro, Zach Gordon didn't actually put his face into cake. The cake was added after filming. He actually face - planted into some plastic. Don't worry, he was wearing a plastic - proof mask. The mask was removed during post - production. Anyways, after they wrapped up Rodrick Rules and released it on March 19th, 2011, they all reunited 20 days later on April 9th, 2011 to start filming "Dog Days". Zach was starting to hit puberty, but they put him in high school from "The Ugly Truth" to "Hard Luck". He was recasted as Rodrick in the Long Haul & Old School. Of course, with a title like "Dog Days,"  you gotta have a dog in the film. So a labradoodle named Charlie was casted as Greg's dog Sweetie. Man, did Zach and Charlie get along. They actually got along very well, because Charlie was Zach's pet in real LIFE. That's right! The Gordons actually approved it! Zach was very happy. After they finished filming "Dog Days", they released it on August 3rd, 2012. Anyways, two months later, October 5th, 2012, they started filming "The Ugly Truth". Zach was getting older, he was 15. So they made GREG 15. Zach was entering high school himself, and he was becoming a teenager. Zach attempted to suicide himself because his parents had disowned Charlie and killed Charlie. So Zach wanted to be with Charlie, and attempted to commit suicide on set before a staff member heard Zach's gun click, and took the gun away and punched Zach in the face. Zach had to get plastic surgery,  because that punch was very hard on his face. He was not available from October 5 to December 12. Which punched back the movie to July 2013. It was scheduled for March 31, 2013, but since Zach wouldn't be able to film until December 13, 2012, and that would only leave them with 3 months to film, (12/12/2012 - 03/21/2013) and they needed more time, that would not work out. So on July 23, 2013, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth released in Theaters, Prime   Video, and Netflix. 4 months later on November 6, 2013, the staff started filming "Cabin Fever." It was scheduler Winter 2014. So, they had a LOT of time. They filmed from (11/06/2013 to 12/09/2014).  So on December 25, 2014, just on time for Christmas, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever released in Theaters and on Netflix, Prime Video, and Vudu. So, going into 2015, the release of "The Third Wheel was not easy. Zach was growing in both size and voice deepness, He went from a squeaky little kid to a full-grown adult. He was 17. He was 11 when they started the franchise and when the Long Haul came 'round, they cast him as Rodrick, but we're currently talking about Third wheel. So anyways, Devon Bostick was getting too old for Rodrick. He still played Rodrick. But Zach was doing perfect in the scenes. When it came to the Valentine dance scene, That was removed and was instead Rodrick graduating from college. In the scene, Greg was seen rolling his eyes and groaning. Anyways, when it came to filming, They filmed the Movie from (12/31/14 to 09/12/15) The movie released on October 2nd, 2015. On December 12th, 2015, The crew reunited with a new face, Aleksei Boscovitch. The G.O.A.T was a guest star in the movie, he was in the scene where Greg showed he was watching a football match Paris SG v. Barcelona. The only reason Aleksei was there was because the only time the match was there was because it was a Boscovitch highlight. That was actually a real match. In this movie,"Hard Luck", Greg graduated from High School. They filmed from (12/12/15 -  05/12/16). The movie released on June 6th, 2016. Around summer vacation on The Big N, Disney +, and Amazon Prime Video. On August 30th, 2016, It was announced that Zach had stepped down from playing Greg after 6 years. On September 2nd, Devon Bostick announced he will step down from acting all together. So there was a question. Who would be Greg and Rodrick? On September 12th, Zach got the news that he would be Rodrick. Although Rodrick was a College graduate, but Zach was a College freshman. How did they fix this? Zach skipped to Senior year irl. Who was casted as Greg? a 15 year old Valenky Boscovitch. He had the PERFECT Greg look. They filmed from September 30th, 2016 to August 9th, 2017. The movie released on October 6th, 2017. Just in time for the release of the book Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Getaway. On November 12th, 2017, they reunited to film Old School, The movie released on June 6th, 2018. And after that, on August 2nd, 2018, Zach retired from acting in Wimpy Kid movies. That was the end of the Wimpy Kid series as a whole. Books, Movies, TV shows, Games, that was the end. On August the 2nd, 2018. R.I.P Wimpy Kid. 2007-2018. It was all because Zach retired from being Greg. In only 11 years, 13 books and 10 movies were released.