chapter one

"Your pants are on my bedroom floor"

"I can see that"

I roll over and immediately pull the sheets up and over my body. One-night stands are awkward when one finishes before the other.

Whilst I know my life will more than likely succumb to drunken one-night stands for the foreseeable future.

I'd like them to be less awkward..and perhaps with men my age.

The downside about that though, was, the older they are, they tend to be more experienced.

So despite my most recent, drunken, hot encounter was one of the best nights I've ever experienced in my short and boring sex-filled life.

I wanted him out of my apartment.

I lay still for a little while. Staring at the ceiling, waiting to hear his body start to shuffle, or maybe he would say something about leaving.

To my disappointment, he didn't. I lay still for another 30 seconds before allowing myself to get annoyed.

"Okay, you need to go," I tell him. Jumping out of my bed. Clinging onto the sheets so they didn't fall from my chest. "Look I have a really important day tomorrow, and I need my sleep"

He looks up at me with the expression that made me take him home. I hate that stupid face. "there's no need to cover your body Jordan, I've seen it already"

I just stare at him for a couple of seconds. I feel my stupid cheeks burn slightly. But just enough to make me want to bury my face in a bucket of ice. I just hope the darkness of the room hides me enough so he doesn't see.

Why won't you just leave?

Suddenly he starts moving.

Thankgod.

I watch him pick up his pants from the floor. He pulls them on effortlessly. The material was silky, so easy to take off and put on. He looks at me. I look away. I didn't want him to think I was staring. I wasn't staring.

"My shirt?" He asks me, a slight smile presented on his lips as he looked up at me.

"It's on the couch" I reply, walking over to my bedroom door, and opening it for him. My hands still fisting the sheets that covered my body from his eyes.

"Thanks for tonight," he says as he exits my bedroom.

I don't say anything. I just watch him as he grabs his shirt and buttons it up. Covering the perfect V line that, an hour ago, I was drooling over.

I roll my eyes at myself and turn around to my wardrobe, grabbing a shirt and some shorts. Quickly pulling them both on. Dumping my sheet back onto my mattress.

"Gunna walk me out?"

God, since when do men require this much effort?

"Sure" I reply, walking out of my room. We look at each other for a few seconds. "Got everything?" I ask, breaking eye contact, walking to my front door and opening it for him.

"Well, I wouldn't say that" he was smirking again. I hate that smirk.

With that, I pushed him out of my front door. I said goodnight and that was that. He'd go back to whatever life he was living and I will do the same.

•••

"Welcome to the north wind dorms" the registration lady sounded bitter. As if she had somewhere else more important to be.

In the same breath, I guess I would rather be somewhere else too. But I got here on a scholarship and my father would turn in his grave if I declined the offer.