-Vendor-

"You are staring again."

I blinked, looking away as casually as I could make it look.

I just couldn't get what happened out of my head.... Well it did happen in my head too.

"I just...." I sighed. "I can't believe what you went through that day." I almost felt guilty since visioning that was from the point of view of someone that hurt her.

"I should have never let you watch the XBD ey?" She asked with a grin. "I kept this copy to remind me of what I want to do, make sure this is the last copy that exists of it and then I'll break it but as long as there are more, it remains.... Plus reminds me of what I don't want to become, I am a psycho no contesting that, but that? That emotionless husk? That's not me, a cheap copy of the person I am." She pat her shoulder.

I nodded, sitting on the empty upgrade station chair as I watched her move around, having no one to cut things out of currently so I am not bothering her by taking up the space.

She said she was cleaning up but the mess didn't seem to be decreasing, heck it was maybe even getting a bit worst as time went on while I observed.

But those images, they still bothered me, hell, I gave her a hug. When was the last time I did that? I never felt so sorry for anyone in a long long time. Last time was when I had found Lucy wandering the streets of Night City as a child.

Night City teaches you to not trust nor feel bad for people but it is quite hard when we are talking about a psycho that trusts without asking for it back and makes all that she can to make it genuine.

"Kiwi! Wanna go out?" She asked, breaking me out of my thoughts. "I need to pick up something from a vendor, just got the holo."

"Can't you go alone?" I asked simply as banter, both of us knowing I wouldn't mind it much, a change of scenario and something to distract myself with.

"I could but he could have things that interest you, he is no netrunner like you are but he sells quite useful things." She said with a usual half insane smile. "He gave me my dual Lexingtons."

That peaked my interest, I thought she fixed them up herself not that she got them from someone.

"Lets go then, we are wasting time here."

"Right away!"

-------------------------------------------

I followed X through town before she stopped us.

I looked at where she was looking at.

It was a little store but it was being robbed and the man behind the counter had his hands in the air.

"We are here."

"Here? You mean it's your vendor that is getting robbed?" I asked and she nodded. "And you don't want to help him?"

"Oh no he doesn't need my help." And as if on queue, I see the man duck behind the counter as an explosion sends the would be robber flying out of the shop and across the street like a smoking bullet.

"I should have never asked." I muttered, following her inside the still smoking shop.

Everything was a mess, the aisles knocked over, a fire here, ammo around the floor like a snow storm blew through but instead of snow it rained bullets, a gun blasted up and stuck in the hardwood ceiling.... Just a complete mess of a shop.

I looked at the jet black haired man that popped out from behind the counter that didn't even look scratched, blue eyes piercing as his gaze darted around the shop. Contrary to the pristine counter, his biker jacket and jeans were not, it looked like he rolled across the floor of a garage and picked up anything known to man smeared in the clothes which might be what happened.

"Ah! Customers! Welcome and do look around!" He said with a grin as if nothing at all was out of the ordinary.

"Hey Tommy-gun." X said. (That's the actual name of a gun <.<)

"Don't call me that, that's not my name." He sounded overly offended, more then anyone actually should be at a nickname.

"Yeah yeah whatever, you said you had something new I could take a look at?"

"Oh oh oh! Oh yeah it is in the back!"

"Alright, I'll be right back Kiwi and be careful where you step, this trap is filled with traps."

"I need my shop protect all the time."

"Even if it would blow up a customer?" I asked, finally speaking up.

"Of course, who knows if they were actually a robber in disguise?"

I watched X jump the counter without much effort, her additional arms basically carrying her over the counter.

I looked around the 'still smoking in places and burning in others' shop and sighed.

Oh god.... Why am I so good at finding people crazier than the next?