Chapter one.

I sing the tune that I always sing. The tune that my mother taught me before she died. The one that is supposed to call my soulmate to me.

I sigh when I don't hear anything back. I walked over to the dead sea and put my hand in it. I have no clue how my parents managed to get on this side of the sea any way but here I am. As usual the water horse spirit came looking for a fight.

"I have surprise for you." I say stopping the horse from attacking. I slowly lift up my hand and fire slowly comes out of it. I keep waving my hand around until a fire horse appear. "I thought you might want a friend. Her name is Blue" I said. The water horse stared at me blankly before splashing water at us. I raised my eyebrow at the horse. Instead of going out like the water horse thought, blue turned blue. "I wanted her to be able to go on and under water with you." I said. Blue and the horse started making horse noises before they both disappeared into the water.

 Blue and the horse started making horse noises before they both disappeared into the water

^Blue while she's blue and while she's red^

I sigh and started playing with fire. I used to have a pet salamander. I named him Bruni and gave him his fire gift. He somehow found a way to get across of the dead sea, so he's on the other side. Normally I would talk to my mother when I feel alone but she died four years ago. I tried to call out again. Suddenly Blue appeared. Her body language was telling me to get on, so I did. Even though she was on fire it didn't burn or hurt. It felt nice actually. Being out here surrounded by coldness can't be good for my Fire powers.

Blue took me to the other side of the dead sea. We stayed on the water and watched as a girl kept trying to run into the sea. She had Ice powers to help her, but of course that wasn't enough. I watch as she tried to come up but Nokk (The water horse) stopped her. For some reason I felt a connection between us. I stayed where I was knowing that she has to fight her own battles. While mystery girl was using her powers to fight I decided to ride Blue back across so we wouldn't be spotted.

The mystery girl soon hopped on Nokk and made an Ice bit to try to control Nokk. At first it didn't work but after awhile Nokk obeyed. She started to ride him across the water talking to herself. I sang my call to see if she was my soulmate. She started singing. Once she made it across she bowed and Nokk went back into the water.