The Bicycle Thief

I was sat round the table at Brodie's house.
"What do you think of my sadly crazy family?" I asked Brodie looking at him.
"They seem alright. I bet your dad is the funniest." Brodie answered.
"Wait till you meet the rest of the family." I stated looking at my homework sat round the table.
"Are they that bad?" Brodie asked.
"Well considering the amount of times our family gatherings have ended up bad I'd say yeah." I answered looking down at my work.
"It can't be that bad." He stated.
"It is that bad my granddad basically insulted my uncle's boyfriend because of the way he acts." I pointed out.
"I don't think your parents like me." Brodie brought up.
"It's just my mother being protective she doesn't want me and Haley to end up like how she was growing up." I stated. I finished my homework that had been sat on the table for the past hour. I dragged Brodie back to my house to find that dad had stole a bike from a kid.
"Let me just say I thought it was Luke's." Dad stated.
"Still isn't a reason to steal a kid's bike dad." I stated grabbing a carton of orange juice from out the fridge.
"I wanted to teach Luke a lesion." Dad tried.
"By stealing a kid's bike you mean?" I asked.
"I guess." Dad answered.
"I do hope he does not turn out like you dad." I stated giving Brodie one of the cups of orange juice I made.
"I reckon Luke is like you Mr Dunphy." Brodie stated.
"I say that is a good thing. And call me Phil." Dad pointed out.
"I do not think it's good because if he ever has kids he'll be stealing kids bikes to teach a lesion." I stated.
"Hey I didn't mean to." Dad stated.
"What did you do this time dad?" Alex asked.
"He stole a kid's bike today thinking it was Luke's." I answered looking at her.
"I should of guessed he would do something like that at some point." Alex continued.
"How did the project go Alex?" Brodie asked.
"Good got full marks thanks to Ash." Alex answered I gave her a high five.
"Well done Alex. Proud of you." I stated.
"When are we seeing Lily again?" I asked dad after a bit.
"No clue I think Mitch and Cam took them to this playgroup thing today." Dad answered.
"I reckon that was nice." I stated.
"What was nice?" Luke asked walking into the kitchen.
"Did you learn a lesion today Luke with dad stealing a different kids bike?" I asked him.
"No I don't know why he chose to steal a bike." Luke answered.
"Exactly dad even Luke agrees with me." I stated.
"Honestly I don't know." Dad stated.