Iridescent -2

♡

It had been a few moons since the incident of meeting Taeyong in the forest, Jaehyun was back to his regular routine of attending classes and preparing for his upcoming O.W.L exams.

He'd enjoyed the small mound of treats that the Slytherin had gifted him with despite his strict diet regime in maintaining a good physique for the Quidditch season.

"Going out to the forest again?"

"Yes."

Doyoung doesn't spare the younger a glance, flipping through a thick book while Jaehyun slips out of the Gryffindor commom room to conduct his night time escapade.

Light illuminates the tip of his wand again as he walks through trees, until he meets another similar light as his from a short distance.

"T-Taeyong?"

The Slytherin squeaks in alarm, flinching as the book in his hand topples out of his grasp. Jaehyun was quick to steady him with a hand on his back. "What are you doing out here this late? You know it's dangerous."

Taeyong gazes at him apologetically, a small cut on his right cheek. "I-I'm sorry.." He mumbles softly, shifting the strap of his bag onto the other shoulder.

"Hey.." The Gryffindor uses a finger to tilt his chin upwards, eyebrows creased in concern. "Is everything alright?"

Taeyong slumps at the question, his body sliding against a tree trunk before burying his face into his small hands, weeping quietly.

"I..d-don't know, Jaehyun.."

Without another thought, Jaehyun takes the tiny boy in his arms, rubbing between his shoulder blades while muttering words of comfort. "Yong.. you know you can tell me anything, right? I'm your friend."

The Slytherin's breath hitches, nodding slowly. "I..I'm being bullied, I think." He stutters, almost inaudible that the Gryffindor had to strain his ears to catch.

"You're..what? Who? Just give me their names, I'll--"

Taeyong cups his hands over Jaehyun's mouth, shaking his head. "I'm okay, you don't have to worry." He reassures, looking quite the contrary which doesn't fool the male one bit.

"I was trying to make some friends in my house but.. they don't like me because I'm not outspoken or daring like them."

"So they hurt you for being different? How on earth could I not worry about that, Taeyong?"

The Slytherin lowers his head, bottom lip quivering. "I'm sorry, Jaehyun.." He mumbles again. "Stop apologising, it's not your fault."

They share a few moments of silence, Taeyong snuggling closer against Jaehyun's broad frame for warmth and security.

"Yong?"

"Hm?"

"I love you just the way you are, alright? You don't have to change yourself to fit the Slytherins' way of behaving."

Taeyong's cheeks flush at the first few words, doe-eyes staring into crescent ones. "You..You really think so?" He asks shyly, braces flashing against his pearly whites.

"I know so." Jaehyun whispers, pulling him closer to connect their lips into a brief kiss. "You're one of a kind, Yong. Unique and beautiful in my eyes only."

Taeyong giggles, taking the Gryffindor's larger hand to rest over his throbbing heart. "I..I've always had a crush on you. Ever since first year, but.. you were so cool and I could never match up to that."

Jaehyun's eyes widen at the confession, feeling the smaller's rapid heartbeat against his palm.

"Fast, huh? That's how I feel everytime I see you."

The Gryffindor captures his lips once again, this time it was slow and passionate. "You're really cute, Yong.. I love you so much."

He feels the smaller growl softly, a sudden weight pinning him onto the dewy grass. Taeyong leaned in to mark the pale skin of his neck.

Jaehyun moans quietly, feeling the Slytherin's canines graze the purplish bruise.

"I love you, too."