prologue

𖥸

next we have miss aspen banks, performing a short program to i'll be your mirror by the velvet underground..

graceful was the only word to describe her on the ice that day. she strutted onto the grand ice, in-front of all the big time judges, just like she had practiced the night before.

wow..looking graceful as ever. looks like she's about to attempt an axel.

yes. her big "trick." the one she's been practicing everyday for months. the girl slides a bit more on the ice before doing her big stunt.

jesus! someone get the medics. hello? medics on the ice please!

𖥸

aspen banks wasn't sure what was worse; the shooting pain in her ankle or the look on her parents faces. it was almost if they looked annoyed? how could they be annoyed at me now- i just broke my god damn ankle, she thought.

the hospital room door opening broke the suffocating silence. another doctor, great. that makes the third. the tall man walked over to mr and mrs banks, who where reading a newspaper, and requested a talk outside.

the door shut for the second time signaling they had all left. aspen could her the murmurs of the adults speaking in hall. she couldn't even bear herself to eavesdrop; for she wasn't sure she wanted to know what was wrong. so instead she focused on the faint music lingering; some shitty elvis song.

her brother, adam clearing his throat in the chair beside her broke her trance. "m'sorry."

aspen almost wanted to pretend she didn't know why he was sorry-because if she didn't acknowledge the situation, then it simply couldn't be there.

she was getting ready to reply when the door opened again;in lead all three adults. "aspen hon, i'm truly sorry to break this to you. but i don't think you'll be able to skate again."

at that moment she felt her heart shatter into a million pieces. tears started pouring down her face like a bad storm. adam didn't say a word but grabbed a hold of her hand.

the three adults spoke few words after that, then soon the doctor left. and as soon as that man walked out the door mr and mrs banks wiped the fake sorrow off their faces and returned to the original faces of anger.

"i can't believe this! the you convince us to let you do figure skating then you break your damn leg." mrs banks cries, seating herself in a spare chair. whilst mr banks paces around the room.

"give her a break sandra."

aspen rarely ever feels thankful that she has kennedy banks as a father until times like these. she attempts to send a small smile of gratitude, but instead of smiling back he sends a grimace.

"i am disappointed though. aspen you were a star at hockey honey, you should've continued that. now look at you; you'll be on crutches for months."

she rolls her eyes. why do they always have to ruin everything. why can't they just comfort her? be her damn parents?

"i can't believe you! she breaks her damn ankle and you two are mad at her for not being in hockey? that's delusional!" adam snaps. he knew he would get in a ton of trouble but how could he just sit and watch them eat her alive?

"addy it's okay." aspen warns. she can't be the reason her brother gets in trouble. she simply won't be. aspen does appreciate the back up though. especially since now days she rarely fights back. she just doesn't have anymore fight in her; she's way to damn tired. all talking back does is get her in more trouble.

"adam you stay out of it!" mrs banks jumps to her feet, pointing her finger in his face. this sets aspen off. sure they can light into her, but her brother was another case. "don't you talk to him like that." she spoke out of gritted teeth.

"watch your mouth young la-"mr banks tried to warn but was rudely interrupted by his wife."you're going to california with him." the whole family turned to sandra. "really! thank you." aspen thought she was finally getting a break, some sympathy. "no. you're going to be a water girl." aspen started laughing. a water girl? as a punishment. what was her mom on? that wasn't a punishment that was a damn vacation! "oh no! i hate hockey. mom don't make me." aspen played along.

whilst aspen was pissed about her ankle. she couldn't wait to see what cali' was like....

𖥸

                       thanks for reading : )

𖥸

HOPE SPEAKS!!!

hey yall! i really hope y'all liked this.
i hope it's an alright lead up to the actual story 😭🙏🏻. anyways tmrw is my first day back from thanksgiving break and i offical wanna kms!!😍 but i'll try to write some more😈
anyways have a good week, drink lots of water, and please stay healthy!

love,
hope