➸ CHAPTER TWO

NOW PLAYING ...
IFHY • Tyler, The Creator

꧁♚————————{♛}————————♚꧂

"Ah, welcome back Miss Light." Principal Weems' face glowed at your presence, mostly because it means one of her precious students is not behind bars and giving Nevermore a bad reputation. "I know you only just got back, but I must tell you that you'll be in a new dorm room for the rest of the semester." You physically take a step back at the sudden news, "What? Why am I not sharing a room with Enid anymore?"

"Well, we thought you wouldn't be coming back, and we had a new student enrolled as soon as you left." Principal Weems explained as she searched for something in her desk drawer, "I truly am sorry, but you must understand the circumstances, you were convicted of murder!"

"I was gone for only a week!" You say, once again. "Plus, it's not my fault my ability is unpredictable and uncontrollable."

Your ability sends whatever you touch into an unknown void for an unknown amount of time until it's plopped back into existence right where it left off. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, the time patterns are too inconsistent to predict how long the thing will be gone. Well, due to recent events, you now know that you can also send people to that void? And Mrs. Thornhill was gone for an entire week, which is the longest something has been gone, meaning your ability is only getting worse the more you use it.

"You're right, it's not your fault." Principal Weems shook her head in sympathy, "Though, I have made you something to prevent it from happening again in the future!" You perked up at the statement, now eagerly waiting for the woman to find her gift to you in her desk. The few seconds that went by felt like ages to you, but Principal Weems managed to finally pull out a black box with a blue ribbon tied around it. "Here you go, darling."

You reach out for the box until she suddenly pulls it away from your grasp, leaving you confused. "You know what, maybe it's best if you don't touch it." You frowned at the woman opening your neatly wrapped present, but it was wiped away as soon as you saw what she pulled out.

Principal Weems held two pairs of black gloves, a slot at the wrist cut open for her to perfectly fit a blue gem in it.

"If you're wearing these, then the chances of touching something and making it disappear will be shortened to 0%

"If you're wearing these, then the chances of touching something and making it disappear will be shortened to 0%. You can finally freely use your hands! Isn't that exciting?"

You couldn't help but smile as you stretch out your hands for Principal Weems to carefully slide them on. You brought your hands back to the front of your face as you adjusted them to fit perfectly. "Thank you Principal Weems, truly I am grateful."

"Glad to hear," Principal Weems nodded as she began searching for yet another thing for you in her desk. "Now, your new dorm room will be the last door down the Ophelia Hall. We've already moved all of your stuff in there, but first, you should go officially say goodbye to your old roommate."

꧁♚————————{♛}————————♚꧂

THANK YOU FOR READING!