➸ CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

NOW PLAYING ...
IFHY • Tyler, The Creator

! AUTHORS NOTE !
pardon my french but 100K FUCKING READS??? ON A SILLY LITTLE TYLER X READER STORY I MADE UP A DAY AFTER THE SHOW CAME OUT??? THANK YOU GUYS THIS IS A WONDERFUL FINALE!
Oh, did I mention this is the last chapter?

꧁♚————————{♛}————————♚꧂

"Enid? Are you even listening?" By the snap of Wednesday's fingers, Enid refocused into the conversation. "Sorry, I zoned out again." Enid shook off the uneasy feeling of deja vu from her shoulders, and looked at her fidgeting hands in her lap. "You keep doing that," Wednesday pressed, "What's occupying your mind for so long that's more important than the situation at hand?"

"There's no situation at hand, Wednesday." Enid's eyebrows fell in guilt, "We just threw our friends in jail, we betrayed them." Wednesday stared down at the girl like she was crazy, "We didn't betray them, and they aren't our friends. They're monsters, Enid, they betrayed humanity. Having a soft spot is going to get you killed one day." Enid looked at who she once thought of as a friend who just needed to ease up to the new environment. But now, she knows that Wednesday truly is just a heartless person, doing what she thinks is right but what isn't truly right.

"It's not called having a soft spot," Enid stood up from her bed to face Wednesday on the same level. "It's called having good morals. I will not stand here and let you talk badly about people I know you considered at least acquaintances." Wednesday took a step forward, merely inches away from the taller girl. "It doesn't matter what I thought of them back then, because I now think of them as murderers— which they are."

"You don't know that, not for sure." Enid shoved past her to get more breathing space, claws shifting in and out as a nervous habit. "I at least know Y/N, and there's no way she's been putting on some marvelous fake act in front of us for so long."

"How do you explain her asking for drugs and a tranquilizer?" Wednesday tilt her head.

"Could've been for self protection, or to protect someone else." Enid crossed her arms, "Could've been for a wild animal, for all we know."

Wednesday's eyes narrowed, "How about all the times she escaped death?"

Enid leaned forward, "Consider it luck."

"There's no such thing as luck." Wednesday scoffed, "It's just how small-minded people excuse things to make themselves feel better, to deny the truth."

"So you think I'm a small-minded person denying the truth?" Enid took two bold steps forward towards the smaller girl, making her crank her neck slightly upwards to maintain eye contact. "I'm denying your truth, not the truth. You don't know everything, Wednesday, so stop acting like it! If you could just learn to admit when you're wrong, this wouldn't have been dragged on for so long."

"I can admit when I'm wrong," Wednesday cocks an eyebrow, "It just doesn't happen often. You need to stop being so naïve." Enid's hands form tight fists, nails drawing blood on her delicate skin. "Naïve? You're unbelievable." Enid turned away from the eye-straining sight, stopping herself from doing something she might regret by walking towards the exit door. Her body was still tensed up, footsteps loud and firm onto the wooden planks, until they were stopped by a pulling force.