-NOVEMBER. 3.-

canon photo of Carmilla with Ted ⬆️

...wait

<3

She felt an electric like shock of horror shoot through her body. Her throat tightened when she whipped around to the mirror that Ace was frowning at. There goes that. That meaning her friends and her new tops and her parties and schoolwork and future in general. 

Carmilla didn't show up in the steamy glass.

The realisation that she would be leaving Hogwarts settled over Carmilla. The weight that had been hovering over her shoulders finally falling onto them while her stomach squeezed painfully with dread. It was sort of nice, in the most horrific way possible, for the waiting to be over. She took a slow breath. 

Ace watched while Carmilla grabbed the red lipstick and the toothbrush missing half its bristles. It got caught on her fangs a lot. Ace frowned. "Wait, where are you going?"

Carmilla threw her scattered things into the half open trunk at the end of her bed, gently moving the sleeping cat from a pile of socks. She sneezed. She wouldn't need her textbooks back home, but she grabbed her socks from where they'd been hanging on her bedposts. She made sure Ted was in her trunk.

June's messy bed hair popped up from beneath the plush doona she had been lying in, disorientated by Ace's loud protests.

"June, someone stole Milla's reflection!"

June sat up, stumbling out of her blanket cocoon, and squinted at Carmilla.

Carmilla kept collecting her things. She turned around and headed to the bathroom again. She was definitely taking her shampoo home. And her slip of soap with its heart carved into it that was starting to disappear slowly with use. That had to mean something. 

Ace grabbed her before she got through the doorframe and pushed her back into the middle of their dorm room forcefully, socks skidding on the dark floorboards. "No no no, you explain. Don't just start packing up! You can't leave us!"

"Will someone explain what the fuck is going on?" June screeched, looking very menacing in her purple pyjamas and unkept bed hair. She wasn't even wearing earrings yet. 

They froze in place, and Carmilla ran her hands through her own tangled hair with a silent scream. "You guys a really good friends, I'd never hurt you I promise! I need to find Dumbledores office again...merlins balls why didn't I write it on the map?"

June ran in front of the door, her arms out to block Carmilla from leaving, a dangerous look on her now less sleepy and more scary face.

Sass let out a loud meow. He was immediately shushed by all three girls.

June frowned at her; eyes puffy with sleep. Then they widened considerably, and she slapped herself on the forehead quite violently. "You're a vampire!"

Ace let out a muffled yelp.

Carmilla stepped back when the two girls turned to her expectantly. It wouldn't affect her in any way really, she'd be gone before lunch. Maybe she'd even get to keep some of her things. Her life at Hogwarts, her life as a witch, would just be an odd thing three months from her past that she remembered sometimes. Stories for her sisters, something new to entertain them with. 

She always knew that this was coming, so why was it so heartbreaking?

A half vampire going to a school for young witches and wizards, Carmilla was lucky she wasn't being stakes with flaming pitch forks right now.