Chapter 3, Backstory

December 5,2025

James

Age: Unknown

"LET ME GO RIGHT NOW!" I screamed at the cops. "I didn't fucking do anything she the one to blame she was asking for it!" I was shaking in anger. I just hung a little girl, why? Because she was making fun of me and that voice said too. I can't control the voice I have been trying for years but don't worry about it.

"Alright buddy you going to the mental institution" the cops told me, "I am never going back I will not let that happen." I joked around. I already knew my plan, tho, I would just go to adoptive center and someone would pick me up.

As we drove to the mental institution I silently slid the handcuffs off with the paper clip in my shoe. I quickly got them off, put them to the ground and waited for a stop light. Once we made it to the stoplight I unlocked the car and ran. "Hey you, get back here now!" I couldn't care less about what he said I was running. Cop cars chased after me and some cops were even trying to shoot me. I lost them after entering the deep woods. Once I heard them back off I began walking.

A couple of hours must have went by because the next thing I know is that I'm at sign for entering Maryland. 'I made it to a different state' I thought to myself. I walked for another hour or so until I found a turn off the highway. I follow that turn then 30 minutes later I was at an adoption center. I began thinking of all the horrible things in my life which made me cry. I hate crying it shows weakness.

I burst into the area sobbing my poor little eyes out.The workers rushed over to me,pulled out a chair and sat me down,asked what was wrong and why I was here. I gave them a fake sob story and they believed me. They then leaded me to a room where I would stay. "Too easy" I said out loud, this room is full of kids, some of the kids looked old enough to be 17. "Yo, how old are you? What 5!" That kid bursted out laughing "Punch him, beat him up, murder him, he ruthless." the voice whispers were so loud my ears started ringing.

I felt this strong, unbearable urge, my eyes went blurry 'This can not happen right now' I thought to myself. I know that if I don't want to end up in jail I have to run to the bathroom. I heard kids laugher I got so angry and punch the mirror, shattering it into a million pieces.

I looked around to see what mess I made. I saw blood dripping from my knuckles and glass sticking out from it. I slowly picked out all the shards of glass out of my knuckles. I found bandages in the drawer, used them, and walked out like nothing happened.

That same 17 year old asked me how was breaking the mirror. I couldn't help it anymore. My rage had grown into a huge, unbearable monster, my eyes went blurry and I blacked out.

From what I heard I lunged at him making his head fall on the ground. I grabbed a pair of scissors and stabbed him in the stomach. I punched him over and over for at least 10 minutes no matter how hard the worker tried to pull me off. Once the workers were finally able pulled me off, I look at the mess I made, he was covered in blood, looking lifeless. "Is he dead yet, he should be" I sarcastically said. "Shut up, what is wrong with you!?" The kids screamed

The workers yelled at me over and over until threw me into a room with no light. Ugh here we go again, the padded walls, no windows. Finally the room got bright and I was wrong, it was a room with a bed and some books no windows tho.

-------Time skip to the next day-----

I bright light came across the room. "Hello? " I called out, "Your lucky he is alive you almost killed him and if you did you would be in jail now." a person called out. "Mmh, now tell me what you want" there was a pause, then a long sigh. "A family wants to adopt you. " my eyes widened, this is my chance! "Okay" I replied.