Chapter 1

128 AC

128 AC

Vysenna was walking in the halls of the red keep towards her mother's chambers with her father.  Her mom had just given birth to her new sibling, another boy.   She had wished for a sister, to not to be the only girl but she was still exicted to see her new little brother.  Her father bursts the door open to her mother's chambers.  "A boy i've just heard."  Laenor says to her mother.   "Well done."    Rhaenyra gives a little smile.  "Yes."    Vysenna looks at her mother.  "Shouldn't you be in bed?"  She smiles.  "Yes, darling.  But our queen wants to see your brother."  Vysenna eyes lights up.  "Can see him?"  Rhaenyra kisses her on the forehead.  "You will get to see him when we get back.  Wait here,  Jace and Luke, will arrive soon,  okay?"  Vysenna nods.  "Okay."    Vysenna sits down as she watches her mother and father walk out with her baby brother.  

It doesn't take long until the door opens up once again and she sees her brothers, truly two of her favorite people.  Behind them she sees Ser Harwin carrying something very heavy.   She smiles.  "Ser Harwin."  He nods.  "Princess."  Ser Harwin puts it down.  "What's that?"  He turns to her brothers.  "Do you wanna tell her."  Jace and Luke smile at eachother and walks up to them.  Jace and Luke towards it and opens it.  Vysenna sees right away what it is and smiles. "A dragon egg."  They put back the lock.  Luke turns to her.  "We picked it out for the baby."   Vysenna smiles at them.   

After a while mother and father finally comes back with the baby.  "Mother, look."   Jace opens the lock and shows the egg.   "We chose an egg for the baby."  Luke tells her.   Rhaenyra smiles "That looks like the perfect one."  She sits down with Ser Harwin's help.    "Who picked it?"  Vysenna asks.   Luke smiles "I did."    "Mother, have you decided the name?"  Vysenna asks.  Rhaenyra smiles at her daughter.  "Joffrey, Joffrey Velaryon."  Vysenna smiles and walks to her father to look at her new brother.    "May i?"  Ser Harwin asks Rhaenyra, she smiles.   She turns to Laenor.  "Ser Harwin wishes to be introduced to Joffrey."  Laenor smiles. "Of course."  And lays Joffrey into his arms.   "Father, can i please hold Joffrey?"  Luke and Jace walks up to Ser Harwin but father stops them.  "No, no.  To the dragonpit for you three."   He pushes Luke and Jace out first.  Laenor turns and sees Vysenna  looking at Joffrey.  "Vysenna, you too."  She sighes and walks out.  Lace and Luke have already started walking.  

"Father, why do i have to go?"  Laenor sighes.  "What do you mean?"  She stops in her tracks.  "Well.. I don't even have a dragon."  Laenor turns to her.  "Vysenna, look at me."  She sighes and looks at him.  "Look, i know it sucks to not have a dragon but you will one day."   "Luke and Jace already have their dragons and they're younger than me!"  Laenor sighes. "I know.  My sister, your aunt didn't have a dragon when she was of your age but now she dies Vhagar, the largest dragon in the world.  It's not too late my dear, okay?"  Vysenna nods.   He smiles. "Come on, let's go."  They continue walking towards the dragon pit.  

Vysenna  walks into the dragonpit.  She sees her brothers and she also sees Aemond and Aegon.  Aegon and her have never really been close but her and Aemond have had a special bond.  Like her, he haven't claimed a dragon yet either.  

Vysenna walks and stands next to Luke, he smiles at her.  They watches as the dragonkeepers comes out with Jace's dragon Vermax.   Jacaerys take a step forward as Vermax starts walking towards them.   "Call Vermax to heel, Prince Jacaerys."  One of the dragon keepers tell him.  

"Serve."  Jacaerys speaks in Valyrian.  And Vermax listens to him.  Vysenna smiles proudly at her brother.   "Well done."  A dragonkeeper tells him.   Another dragonkeeper comes out with a sheep for the dragon.  Vermax notices it right away.    Vysenna looked  at Aemond, she could tell he wasn't that happy to watch Jace with his dragon when he didn't have one.   Jace turns to one of the dragonkeepers.  "Can i say it?"  He nods.  Jace looks at Vermax.  "Dracarys!, Vermax."   

With that Vermax focus on the sheep and goes closer and open fire and burn the sheep to death.  Vermax walks up to it and starts eating.   Vysenna walks up to Jace.  "Well done."   Jace smiles, she watches as her brothers follow Aegon and Aemond.  She follows behind.  

She watches as Luke comes up with a pig that they have put wings on.   "Behold, the pink dread!"  Aegon shouts.  Vysenna sighes shaking her head.  Aegon, Jace and Luke laughs walking away.  She would speak with her brothers later but now she wanted to make sure Aemond is alright.  

She walks up to him.  "Aemond i'm so sorry."   Aemond scoffs. "Don't talk to me."  Vysenna is stunned.  "I'm just trying to..."  Aemond turns to her.  "Don't you understand i don't want you here, leave!"  Vysenna looks at him stunned but gives in.  "Fine."  She walks out.  

In the red keep, Maena is sitting with her sister and mother.  Her sister has always fancied insects and it always have amazed Maena how much her sister knows about them.  Heleana is holding  a millipede.  "This one has 60 rings and two pairs of legs of each.   That's 240."   their mother nods.  "Yes it is."  Alicent turns to Maena.  "Do you wanna keep painting."  Maena nods. "Yes mother."  Maena stands up and walks over to her painting with her colors and brushes.  Maena is just about to take up a brush when the door opens.   She turns around  and sees one of the guards with Aemond.   Alicent walks up to their brother.  "What have you done?"   "He did it again."  Helaena points out.   Maena knew what she meant, he was looking for a dragon in the pit, it was not the first time.   "After how many times you've been warned, must i have you confined to your chambers!"  "They have made you do it?"   Maena crosses her arms.  "And how did they do that?"  Alicent turns to her daughter.  "Maena, stay out of it."   Alicent turns to her son.  "You're obessed with these beasts, i don't understand."  "They made me a pig"   They all look at Aemond shocked.   Alicent sighes and turns to Maena.  "Maena, can you check on Daeron."   Maena nods. "Yes, mother."  She walks out of the room.  

Maena gets to her twin brother's chambers and opens the door.  She sees him laying in his bed, he's been sick for a few days.  He smiles. "Maena, come in."  She sits down on his bed.  "How are you feeling?"  He drinks some water, then he looks at her.  "Better, why are you here?"  Maena smiles.  "Mother wanted me to check on you."   He looks at her.  "Why?  Because you're my twin?"  Maena shrugs.  "Probably and maybe because she wanted to speak with Aemond  alone and because she knows i spill all secrets to you."  Daeron chuckles.  "That's true."  A guard opens the door.  "Princess, the queen wants you to return."  Maena nods and stands up.  "I'll see you soon."  She walks out.  

Vysenna is walking through the halls when she meets up with Ser Criston.  The look he gives her, is a look of disgust.  He doesn't even acknowledge her, he just walks past her.  She really doesn't understand.   She continue her walk.  

Vysenna and Aemond have a bond but it's sometimes complicated.  I love Maena and Daeron's relationship.   Vysenna is a daddy's girl. I hope you guys like this chapter and pls tell me your thoughts.