01 | sensei.

↳ 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐒𝐈𝐀 | 𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐈 ↲
- 𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝙾𝚁𝙻𝙴𝙰𝙽𝚂 𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙹𝙴𝙲𝚃𝚂 -

↳ 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐒𝐈𝐀 | 𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐈 ↲-  𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝙾𝚁𝙻𝙴𝙰𝙽𝚂 𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙹𝙴𝙲𝚃𝚂 -

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

          "You might as well give up, Laysia. I'm in here for good, they not tryna hear my side of the story. I know they know I didn't do it they just don't care."

I watched my father's eyes through the glass, each time I came he looked progressively worse. Today, his twists were still in and well grown out, his eyes baggy, and his voice carried this unusual dryness. He usually still maintained a happy attitude when I came to see him.

Today was different.

"Imma make them hear you. They have to, there's no evidence on you."

It was frustrating to know it was my father's sixteenth year on death row. He had been in jail all of my life, mama kept me close to him despite where he ended up. I had been visiting him twice a month since forever, now his execution date was inching closer and closer and there was nothing we could do about it.

Six more months.

"I've been in here for nineteen years. If I ain't out by now, I ain't getting out period. I accepted that a while ago now you got to."

I lowly sighed, "What if I get money for a better lawyer?"

"Don't need you hustling and driving yourself crazy cause no matter the lawyer their minds made up."

I often disregard what he says because he was ready to give up, and I could understand why. But just because he was ready to didn't mean I was.

"I'll figure it out, you just hang in there and try to be positive." I gave him a kiss threw the window, something we have done since forever.

"You be safe, Bug. Don't drive yourself crazy." He smiled lowly, his eyes telling me that it was fake.

"I won't."

-

I definitely lied when I said that.

The whole way back to New Orleans I was researching lawyers, which costed a lot. My family still lived in the projects, we ain't have no money for no lawyer. But I needed someone to defend him, time was running out. I knew my daddy had a case, there was little to no evidence against him.

He was at the scene when it happened and ran when it happened. That automatically makes him the killer?

His jacket was left on the scene, he said it fell off when he was running. And his jacket being found was no where even near the body but it was in the premises.