03 | harlem.

↳ 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐌 | 𝐁𝐎𝐎 ↲
-  𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝙾𝚁𝙻𝙴𝙰𝙽𝚂 𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙹𝙴𝙲𝚃𝚂 -

↳ 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐌 | 𝐁𝐎𝐎 ↲-  𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝙾𝚁𝙻𝙴𝙰𝙽𝚂 𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙹𝙴𝙲𝚃𝚂 -

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

"I guess I'll come to school. Not gone lie, that shit they was talking bout yesterday pissed me all the way off."

I stood in the mirror analyzing my outfit while talking on the phone with Sensei. I shuffled my feet into my crocs and grabbed my purse, sitting down on the bed since I had time to spare.

Loved getting up early because you had lots of time.

Salaysia was still angry about the situation over at Kelsi's house yesterday. I had already tried telling her they were probably just playing around but she never lets an issue go.

"I'm sure they weren't serious." I assured her.

"They were. Salem ass already named the one he wanted to rob. Talkin' bout they should do the one downtown—"

"Don't worry about it, we're kids. I'm sure they won't."

I knew they needed the money. Shit, I did too but nobody knew that. But I knew my friends wouldn't do something silly like rob a bank. They only person I could see actually doing it and not backing out at the last minute is Khadijah.

"We'll see, all I know is I'm not." She sighed then I heard a bunch of shuffling. "Don't mind the noise, I might as well go today."

"I'll see you there, Sei." I smiled and looked myself over in the mirror once more, ending the call once she said her goodbye.

Not gone lie, the conversation that happened yesterday was stuck on my mind too. I knew in my heart they wouldn't do anything dumb like that, but it saddened me that it even crossed their mind. It saddened me that it even crossed mine at one point.

I was quiet but I actually thought about the scenario before speaking. I thought about it because my job as a dog walker wasn't working out. Especially in the projects, was a disaster.

A cute bitch with a dog made pedestrians go insane.

I needed the money but not as bad as my friends, I could put my dream on hold. All I wanted was to go to college and not have to worry about student loans the rest of my life. I was only using college as an excuse to getaway from the toxic household I was in.

So yea, I needed it. But it wasn't a necessity.

As I was about to walk out of my room I saw my phone light up with the name I had been waiting to see all morning.