Chapter 7

Ike looked down at his phone sighing. There wasn't enough time to get back to Firkle before the goths would get there. "Damnit!" He muttered. He looked up to see Kyle had made it out of the library leaving him alone with his thoughts.

Kyle spun on his heal in the hallway before him was the door he had searched for the last 10 minutes. He slowly krept in. Glancing at the abandoned bathroom. It was the worst in the school. Covered in graffiti and seemingly forgotten. The tiles were crumbling and the lights flickered. The only people that ever came in were stoners and the goth kids. It was the perfect place to be alone.

He walked past the sinks noiselessly just listening for any signs of another life. He heard soft sniffling coming from the last stall. He walked up to it to see no shoes beneath the door. Sighing he pushed the front door open with a balled up fist. To see Kenny. He was curled up in a ball on top of the toilet. His orange parka enveloped his whole body. Kyle had never seen him look so small.

A wash with concern for his broken friend he crouched down next to him. Grimacing at the thought of touching anything in that place especially the floor. "Hey Dude. You ok" he looked up in an attempt to see Kenny's face. Kenny lifted his head still obscured by his hood. Kyle couldn't see the state he was in but he had a feeling he knew. He sighed and pulled his hood off never looking directly at Kyle but instead at the floor.

"Shit dude." Was all Kyle uttered. Kenny chuckled at him. "Hey Kyle." Before faking a soft smile. "What's wrong? No one has seen you in days!" Kyle asked putting an arm on Kenny in an effort to comfort him. The comfort was lost on Kenny. Kenny didn't want to think about what was wrong. "What's right man!" He scoffed annoyed. He just wanted to be alone or be with butters. "Look after everything with Butters......" Kyle attempted but trailed off. Kenny glared down at the usually fiery red head. "Don't you say his name!"

Kyle sighed again before standing up and placing his arms around his friend pulling him in. He put his chin on top of Kenny's sandy locks. "You're friends are worried about you man. We haven't seen you in days. Everyone thinks you might...... You know." Kyle said not wanting to say those words. "Kill myself?" Kenny mumbled into Kyle's shirt. Kyle stiffened but didn't move. He just pressed his head into Kenny. "Ya." He said.

"I wish I could." Kenny uttered the words. They sounded like poison flowing from his mouth. Kyle pulled back to look at his friends tortured face. "Woah dude. Don't think like that. No one wants you to die." Kenny looked up at him wanting to be angry but all that was in his eyes was despair. "I shouldn't have come here." He spit at Kyle. Kyle looked back and forth between Kenny's eyes. He didn't take offence he just wanted to understand.
"Why don't we leave then?" Kenny looked a little hopeful before sniffling and wiping his nose. "Ok."

The two stood up from the stall and headed out to the sinks. Before Kyle stopped Kenny ushering him to the sinks. He glanced at Kyle who looked back knowingly. "God you're worse than my mom!" He shouted earning a light chuckle from the ginger. He walked up to the sinks splashing water on his face before rubbing deeply into his cheeks and eyes. He dragged the sides of his face down while looking to the mirror. 'Ike was right. I look like shit.' he thought to himself. Kyle grabbed him a paper towel to try his face before linking arms and pulling him out of the bathroom.

"Where are we going?" Kenny asked being dragged by the red head. He could easily over power him but having someone other than his sister touch and comfort him was nice. "Library" Kyle spoke away from him. "Fuck dude! No I don't wanna go in there!" Kenny groaned. Kyle suddenly stopped. "Look it's quiet and I think I forgot something." He lied. Kenny groaned the whole way to the door but quieted down the second they were opened.

They made their way to a study table right before the crowds started to pour into the school. No chance of leaving now.