Family (Chapter 5)

Dream and Axe continued to talk as Puffy snuck upstairs. She was really happy to see Dream talk to someone, and try to handle a situation on his own. Now, he's not totally un-independent, he usually does well on his own, but isn't too good at socializing. But around 1 year from now, that is completely different. Well- not completely, but somewhat. 

"Is that- y-your mamá?" Axe asked, pointing to an old photo of Dream, Puffy and a man. He had larger horns than Puffy, and in the photo Dream's horns where half as big as they are now. He looked around Axe's age. And there was a baby. It was asleep, and had a brown tuff of hair just like the man, and the same color of little nubs as his large horns. Axe gestures towards Puffy in the photo, and Dream nods. 

"Who is that?" Axe then gestures towards the man and the baby. Dream stands up and grabs the photo, placing it facing down. 

"None of your business, don't ask again." Dream sounded annoyed. 

"ok." 

".....He was my father. I liked him, he was ok, but left with my little brother around a year after "it" was born after divorcing my mom. Haven't seen them since." He finished sounding a bit sad, then angry. "I don't care though. He ruined his own life. He-" Dream stopped. "I don't know why I'm telling you this honestly."

"It- it's ok. Do you w-wa-way- we.... Want! Do you want an hug?" Axe struggled to ask. She wanted a hug more herself than to give one, but started to trust Dream. She was younger, and didn't exactly understand that she could be betrayed by anyone she lets in her trust circle.

"Uh- no. No I'm good thanks." 

"Ok." Axe's eyes narrowed down to the bloody arrow on the table. Her eyes widened, and her face grew scared. She started to quiver in her seat. Dream watched. He looked back and forth between the two. 

"Ooohhh nononononono that was an accident I'm not gonna hurt you I swear it's alright I-" Dream  started to talk fast and then faster. "Uhhhhh-Here. Look." He picked up the arrow and showed it to Axe. He then broke in in half and threw it away. "See? No weapon."

"Gr-gracias."

"Your welcome."