Prologue

Nikita Federova was finally able to enjoy some peace and quiet at her apartment in Midtown Manhattan. At the moment she was actually finalizing her look for a date she had in about an hour. She had just slipped on her partners slightly-too-big leather jacket when all of a sudden she was engulfed in a bright white light.

When the light eventually faded Nikita opened her eyes to see that she was laying on the floor of an unfamiliar room. Just as she was starting her survey of the area she noticed several other people piled up around her. Taking quick glances at all of their faces she calms down just slightly when she notices that they are all a part of the group the world knows as the Avengers. Wanting to figure out what the hell was happening, Nikita went to each person and either gently or somewhat harshly kicked them with her heeled foot to wake them up.

Groans and quiet protests could be heard throughout the room as the other Avengers finally awoke. They all looked around at each other in confusion before they heard someone clear their throat. Turning their attention towards the noise they were all surprised to see Nikita standing there in a short, tight, dark grey dress, a nice leather jacket, most of her normal jewelry, and a pair of heels that weren't combat boots.

Clint was the first to speak when he saw how his best friend was dressed

Clint was the first to speak when he saw how his best friend was dressed. "What the hell, Nikki? You have something to tell me?" The redhead stared for a few seconds contemplating what to say. It was one of the only topics in Nikita's life that Clint knew nothing about. Rolling her eyes she simply said, "I was getting ready for a date, Bird Brain." Sauntering over so he was standing only a foot away, Tony spoke with a smirk on his face. "Ooo, do we know who the lucky person is?" The side of Nikki's lips quirked up slightly before she said, "I'm not at liberty to share that information." "So they're important? Even more interesting." She just rolled her eyes again before turning to face the rest of the group. What no one else saw though was the imperceptible smile Nikita had resting on her lips.

Addressing everyone as a whole she asked, "Anyone have any idea what's happening?" When all she received was the shake of their heads she rubbed her temples and mumbled out a quiet "Great." While everyone was exploring the room that they were seemingly trapped in they noticed there was a large projector screen, rows of seating similar to that of a movie theater, multiple tables for drinks and snacks, and a couple doors that led to different rooms. Nikita ended up sitting in one of the front row seats with a finger tapping her right thigh just itching to bring out a dagger.

Just before her thoughts turned any more stabby the screen lit up. Everyone faced the front of the room, and when they saw words pop up in the format of a letter they all started to read to themselves.

Dear Avengers,

Obviously you all must be confused on what's happening. Don't worry, everything will be explained.

For now, the original six Avengers, you all, have been transported to a pocket dimension. Time is frozen everywhere else so nothing will have been missed once it is time for you all to leave.

You all are here because you will be watching the past, present, and future of not only your lives, but the entire universes. To be blunt, the current path that you are on leads to the death of half of life itself.

By watching these movies you will witness many things that you may not be prepared for. The most notable being how members from your team sacrificed their lives to save the universe.

Pay close attention to everything that happens. Otherwise, the future will have no way of changing.

Regards,
Dr. Stephan Strange; Sorcerer Supreme

Everyone was shocked into silence. As everyone was stuck in their own heads Nikita turned to Tony, who was the closest person to her, and  whispered, "Hey, T, isn't he that famous neurosurgeon?" In the same quiet tone he slightly nodded his head and answered, "Yeah, Rina, he is." She just nodded in acknowledgment before she turned away and saw the rest of the team had furrowed brows and were moving towards them. Just as Steve seemed like he was going to ask a question the lights dimmed. Everyone took this as their queue to take their seats.

Once they were all seated the screen changed and the showed a title screen reading "Iron Man II" with the words "late 2009 to 2010" written underneath in parentheses. Simultaneous groans could be heard from the front row. Sitting there was Tony and Nikita. Sharing a look they both took a deep breath before Tony said, "What the hell." Then Nikita followed up with "Let's get this over with."