A New Home

(G/t. Don't like, don't read. Thank you!)
~~~
Elena awoke a few hours later to find herself surrounded by warmth. At first she was confused, she had expected to be lying on the cold forest floor that she had grown used to, but then she remembered the day's events and she soon realized that she was still curled up in Tirion's lap. She felt movement on her back and turned her head to see Tirion gently caressing her, running his fingers up and down her back.

Yawning, she turned her face upwards to look at him. He was smiling softly at her. She couldn't help but feel safe around him, and she found herself trusting him a little more.

Tirion sighed happily. The movie had been turned off and there was light music playing in the background so he could have something to listen to as she slept. He had thought about getting one of his books, but he decided against it, not wanting to wake her up.

"How... How long was I sleeping?" she asked, yawning in between.

"Only about 2 hours..." he said.

"Oh... "

"Well, if you want to go back to sleep, you can."

"No, I'm already up."

He nodded. "Alright, well, it's only about 4:00pm and I haven't even begun to set you up with a living area..." he said.

"Kinda like my own place to live?"

"Of course, if you're going to stay that is, you deserve your own space."

"I already said I will." She said.

"I know, just making sure. I don't ever want you to feel like you're being forced to
stay."

Tirion respected Elena, she was brave even though she was scared, and he admired her for that. He never wanted to make her feel as if things were being done against her will.

Elena smiled at the realization that she would finally be given a home.

"Thank you."

"It's really no problem at all." He said. "I'm going to have to stand up now, so hold on tight." He said.

Once he got a nod of approval, he gently scooped her up back into his hand. Waiting until she was secure, he stood up and turned the TV off.

"Until I can get some better supplies, I'll just have to work with what I have..." he said.

"Ok." She said.

About an hour later, Tirion had set up a platform-type area on a sturdy wooden box. He would be building her own space on it, but for now all he had for her was a makeshift bed and a way to get up and down. He would do his best to make it feel like home (with the exception of water and electricity, but he would probably try to pull that off anyway), but that would have to wait until he could get more suitable supplies.

Until then, he had to work with what he had.

~~~

Tirion offered a hand to Elena who had been watching him work from his shoulder. She was amazed that he was actually doing this for her, and glad that someone cared about her. She climbed in and was lowered to the platform which rose about 40 feet off of the floor.

"Try out the "bed" and see if it's comfortable enough." He said, carefully setting her down.

She nodded and walked over to the makeshift mattress made out of very soft foam. She sat down on the mattress, surprised that it was so comfortable before lying down, sinking into the foam slightly as it conformed around her, fitting around her perfectly.
She sighed happily. Next to sleeping in Tirion's lap, this was the most comfortable she had been in a while.

He chuckled softly. "Do you like your bed?" he asked, watching her with soft eyes.

"Yeah, it's really soft." She said, smiling.

"I'm glad." He said. "This is going to be it for a while until I get more supplies, then I can really make it feel like you have your own space to relax in whenever you need." He said.

"Ok." She said.

"And now we just need to get you more used to navigating this place. I should probably give you a tour... I'll try to figure out some way for you to get around faster other than riding on my shoulder or in my hand, but for now, that's what we'll have to stick with." He said.

"That's a good idea." She said, nodding in agreement. She didn't want to spend an hour out of her day just trying to get from one room to another, and from what he said she guessed that he wouldn't want to have to carry her all the time, which made sense to her. Not to mention she still wasn't completely rid of her fear of him, even though she was
definitely not as scared.

"So, shall we start the tour? It shouldn't take too long; I just need to show you the
rest of the place."

"Mmhmm!" she said, nodding.
He lowered his hand in front of the bed and she climbed into it. Lifting her carefully, he allowed her to climb back onto his shoulder so he could begin the tour.

~~~

By the time the tour was done, Elena was already exhausted again.

"We should get you to bed, you seem tired."

"But I just got up..." she said, almost whining.

"You got up an hour and fourty minutes ago."

"So? I'm not tired." She said, yawning and rubbing her eyes.

"I doubt that young one," he said, smirking. "You need to go to bed. We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow."

"We... we do?" she asked between another yawn.

"Yes, I have a special place I need to show you," He said.

"Where is it?"

"You'll find out in the morning."

She groaned. "Fine, I'll go to bed," she said in a pouty voice.

Tirion smiled at how quickly she was becoming used to him again. She was already arguing with him when he had expected that due to her fear she would have listened to him right away. It gave him a boost in confidence.

"Good, because we're waking up early," he said.

She groaned again and Tirion chuckled this time. Approaching her makeshift home, he held up a hand for her, kneeling down by the platform. He set her down on the platform and watched her stumble over to her foam bed, laughing softly. She nearly fell onto it, closing her eyes instantly. As soon as she was comfortable, he pulled out a small piece of fabric from a shirt he never wore that he grabbed during the tour and draped it over her.

She opened her eyes to look at him, smiling as she curled up under the blanket. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Goodnight Elena." He said softly.

"Goodnight."