Chapter 4 - a man in the woods (and a memory?)

(Important: pls skip this chapter I'm trying to re-edit this-)

TW: needles, blood, experiments, mild angst, & dead bodies (sorry, I'm doing an angst chapter!)

Hi everyone! it took me a few days/weeks to create this because I had little writer's block, but because I had a moment of depression, it gave me the idea to write this as an angst chapter-

June pov:

I felt numb... for some reason, I wasn't on the couch anymore.

As I opened my eyes, brightness clouded me. As my eyes blinked & tried to adjust, I immediately recognized the room.

no, not again... I looked down at myself. white & black striped clothes with metal gloves on my hands and a chain on my ankle...

Why was I here again? I struggled a bit to stand up, and as soon as I finally managed to stand up, I heard a door slide open

"ah, your awake."

I glared at the person In front of me in a white lab coat & clipboard in hand. I walked backward, almost falling until my back hit the white stone wall behind me.

"calm down, or it's gonna hurt worse," they pulled a needle with silver liquid inside. I could barely move anywhere because my ankle was chained. I hissed and looked at my wings, a dull gray from what used to be cotton white. My wings...

I struggled a bit as they came to me and took hold of my arm. My blood started feeling like fire & I hissed a little in pain. It only hurt worse.

I almost blacked out, but then I was free.

I don't remember what happened, but when I gained control again, a body was on the ground with slashes multiple times in the chest. My hands which now had black claws were bloodstained. A few seconds later & the alarms were going off.

I better keep walking before reinforcements come then I quickly snatched the person's keycard & sprinted to & in the hallway.

I walked around every corner, forgetting where the exits were.

pain jabbed the back of my neck suddenly as I heard a noise.

I fell down.

I awoke with a start on the couch, breathing heavily. Tears stinging my eyes, I was mumbling "not again, not again, not again" repeatedly as tears started to fall & I covered my face.

Cesar walked into the room. "Oh, Hi June- " I barely noticed and kept mumbling, but then I got startled by the tap on my shoulder. "W-why are you crying?"

Cesar pov:

She looks so... scared.

Did she have a bad dream maybe? I softly hugged her & she hugged me back. "Did something happen?" They were silent for a bit but shook their head. A few minutes later Mark came into the room as well. "I'm gonna go outside for some groceries since the fridge is empty- wanna come too?"

"Might as well" I looked back at June & patted them on the shoulder. "They're bandages on the counter if you need to change it. We also have some cereal for now." They were still silent, so I sighed & went to the front door. This is gonna take a while...

I unlocked the car & went in the driver's seat with Mark in the front.

??? Pov:

As the 2 people were exiting the house, they didn't notice that there was a figure hiding near the trees, stalking.