𝟶𝟸. 𝚃𝙸𝚃𝙰𝙽𝙸𝙲 𝚃𝙾 𝙲𝙾𝙿-𝙾𝚄𝚃 𝙸𝚂𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙳

the sun shines over lake wawanakwa, its reflection glaring into your eyes. you patiently wait for the boat, fiddling with your suitcase. the longer you wait, the more anxious you become. when you finally step on, only one thought goes through your mind.

you're going to die.

the dock broke, so why wouldn't the boat? you're going awfully fast, too. what if you fall off? would anyone even try to get you?

you think for a moment, but then the boat speeds up again. on instinct, you do the first thing you can think of.

"OHHHH, HALFWAY THERE! OOOOH-"

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH, I'M DRIVING!!"

wait, was that chef?

you stop singing to apologize, which happens to be super hard due to how loud the motor is.

"SORRY, SIR!"

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆[+..••]⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

about an hour later, the boat slows, and you see the island come into view. a majority of the other campers are at the dock already, and you're able to see owen, a chubby blonde in a t-shirt and shorts, talking to chris.

you lean over, putting a hand over your eyes and squinting to see all of the contestants, before the boat stops abruptly and your ribs slam against the railing.

you pause for a second, collecting yourself before hopping off the boat with your stuff. chris must have already introduced you. "...hi, chris," you greet, the egotistical host standing in front of you, "i'm assuming my roommates are the reason i got chosen."

from home, your friends cringe. ouch, you aren't letting go of that anytime soon.

"yeah, they were freaky! plus that editing at the end, too."

shit.

",...oh. yeah, editing," you mutter. now you wish you'd looked over the tape before sending it in.

"you said something?"

double shit. "nah, not really."

chris seems to buy it, but still frowns in suspicion, "cool. and here comes courtney!"

courtney, looking professional and put-together, rides in much more elegantly than you did, waving to everyone and grabbing chris's hand to get down. she thanks him, then walks over to the rest of you.

"hi! you must be the other contestants. it's really nice to meet you all," she greets kindly. owen responds by shaking her hand excitedly.