Part 7: Wanna go for a swim?

It was the day that everyone was looking forward to and terrified of. The day that Nana Noodleman was coming to see the preview of the show.

Buster was running around making sure everyone was ready and accounted for. He goes up to Mike telling him he'd firsted up but Mike was too preoccupied with a phone call. Buster then goes to Gunter to tell him that he and Rosita are next. Gunter looked nervous but his nervousness immediately went away at the sound of Rosita's voice. He approaches Johnny who was reading a newspaper with you leaning on his shoulder. He tells Johnny that he's after Rosita and Gunter. Johnny wasn't really paying any attention to Buster but Johnny figured what he was saying. Johnny gives him a quick confirmation and goes back to reading the newspaper. Buster then tells you that you're following Ash and you give him a thumbs up.

"Wait Buster, are we doing the duet," you said, stopping Buster.

"Huh? Oh yeah, we are. Do you have a partner," Buster said a bit scattered.

You let out a chuckle and a cheeky grin making Buster raise a brow at you. You then wrap your arm around the shoulder of an unsuspecting Johnny. Johnny looks at you and Buster confused.

"I'm going to sing with our dear old Johnny here," you said give a bit of a cheeky smile

Johnny's eyes went wide a bit but then softened since he wasn't opposed to the idea. Buster looks at Johnny and Johnny gives him a thumbs up. Buster gives them a thumbs then quickly walks to Ash and Menna while writing down on his clipboard.

"Sorry for putting you in an awkward position like that. Are you really okay with this? If not I could ask Ash-"

"No, it's okay! Don't worry about it. I think this will be fun. But what song?"

You were caught a bit off guard by Johnny interrupting you. You then let out a breath as you see he has an excited look with a hint of curiosity.

"Relax. I already have a song ready and a basic routine for it. It's all basics, so it should be quick to learn and before you say anything, no you won't have to learn another piano piece."

Johnny laughs as that thought didn't cross his mind. He asked what song exactly and you pulled up the lyrics on your phone. You send them to him and he quickly skims through it.

"This is really good. You really are an amazing songwriter."

"Thanks. And if we have to perform it, let's just sing it and we can practice the little dance I envision with the duet parts later."

"Sounds good."

"Great but we should get ready since Nana Noodleman isn't an easy woman to please."

Johnny gives you a smile as he nods in agreement with you. You playfully punch his arm and that makes him laugh a little bit. You then give him finger guns as you walk away smiling. Even though on the outside you were smiley, you were cringing at yourself in the inside. Why would you do that is all you could think about. Now you really wish you could turn back time to undo that cringe of a thing you just did.

"Ugh. That's was stupid. I'm never doing that ever again. Especially not to him. Jesus christ y/n. Get your shit together you idiot," you whispered to yourself why hitting your forehead with the palm of your hand. You were really hoping that this moment would just disappear into the void.

Johnny POV

Y/n punched my arm but it was just a gentle tap. It didn't hurt but I still put my hand on the spot to make it seem like it did. But I couldn't help but laugh. Y/n then gave me finger guns and she walked away. Now that was so cute. And the fact that I heard herself call herself stupid made it even more adorable. I swear this girl is too cute for her own good. But I love it.