Part 10: On with the show

You and Johnny arrived at the garage and it was pretty spacious. You really like how open it was. However, the thing that caught your eye wasn't the equipment or even the nice, big, black truck in the center of the garage, it was the skateboard. You pick it up and start to examine it. It was exactly like yours the only difference being that this one was painted all black and yours was (design/color choice).

"I didn't know you skate," You said as you examined it.

"Oh yeah. I've skated since I was a kid. To be honest, I prefer skating over driving," Johnny said as closed the garage.

"Cool. You and I should totally go skate together sometime," you suggested. Johnny felt his face get a bit red at the thought and you did too a bit. "Maybe at a skatepark or just wherever. I don't really care," you said as you looked back at him with a smile.

"Sure sounds fun," Johnny said with a returning smile as he approached you.

You hand the skateboard to Johnny as you walk around. You sit down on the couch they had and see some blueprints on the table. You see that this was one of the heists and it was probably the one that landed Johnny's dad's crew in jail. You look back to see Johnny just start to hit the punching bag that was in the little gym area in the corner. But he was hitting it softly. You sigh snice you knew he was bummed out. It's not like you could blame if. You were also bummed out by everything that happened with the show.

You then felt your phone vibrate and saw it was Ash calling you. You pick it up and hear Ash telling you to head back to the theater as the show is back on. You stand back up and quickly go to Johnny. You tell him to start his car as the show is back on. He gets equally as excited and you two head back to the theater.

You guys get there and see the rest of the crew. Rosita clears a table and puts down blueprints as she explains how you guys can fix up the theater.

Johnny looks in his mirror as you and Meena tie the rope connected to the truck to the header of the stage. Menna gives him the single to drive and the header starts to go up.

Ash and Rosita pull the red currents up and make sure they are secure. They high five each other as they finished.

Buster and Eddie start to hang up some lanterns. Eddie got a bit scared as a bit of wind made the ladder he was on shake a bit.

Gunter was painting props as Rosita helped Buster with the speakers. Ash was up nailing some boards as support.

Buster drills the moon back to its place as Ms. Crawly gives it a fresh coat of paint. Meena was helping Eddie get comfortable with the equipment and sound board.

Johnny shrugs off his jacket so he has more room to move before pulling a rope to lift one of the pillars. He gets it up and rolls his shoulders. He grabs his jacket and turns around to see y/n looking at him. Her eyes were widened with a hit of blush on her face as she was holding a nice dress and jacket in her arms. Johnny smirks a little bit and winks at her. Y/n snaps out of trance he put her in and gets redder in the face as she runs away to get changed for the show. Johnny chuckled as he went to get ready himself as he put his jacket back on.

Everyone starts to get their final practices of their routines as they get ready for the show.
You quickly went over the basic routine you and Johnny would do for your duet when you had to actually sing together but you told him to do whatever flet right in his solo parts.

It's about two minutes until the show was going to start. Everyone was getting their stuff and themselves together. You take a peek at your phone to see the buzz in your live waiting room group chat.

Earlier on your way to the theater you texted Joe that the show was going to happen so he could come. He told you he was there and you asked him if he can record your live reveal for you to which he agreed to. You then went and put on a live show premiere and you titled it 'Face reveal' for when the show would start. You peek behind the curtain to see the audience. There weren't many people. There was Rosita's and what you assumed was Menna's family based on the sign one of the people had. You then see Joe with his family and you quickly run to them to give Joe your phone. You tell him when the clock was at 8 sharp, he clicks start and records the show. He agrees and goes to sit in the front to get a better shot of the stage as you quickly run backstage to join the rest of the crew.

Buster then calls you all over as he stands on top of a sandbag.

"Alright everyone listen, I'm going to be honest with you guys, there isn't much of an audience tonight. But that doesn't matter. Because tonight is our night. And whatever happens out there, just know that I'm proud of each and everyone of you. And I thank you for sticking by me even after all that happened."

They all look at Buster with smiles on their faces. "Good luck Mr. Moon," said Rosita as she gave him two thumbs up. Buster grabs the rope of the sandbag and goes to wish you all good luck but gets launched into the sky. Eddie looks up then looks back to the crew as he apologizes.

The lights turn off, having the lanterns light up the audience. A spot light then shines to show the crescent moon coming down with Buster standing on it doing a pose but... the thing was

"All humans great and small welcome to the-"

He was facing the wrong way. Everyone starts to laugh at him as he turns around a bit embarrassed but not showing it.

"Ahem. Welcome to our newly refurbished, open-aired theater."

Rosita and Gunter get ready for their performances, grabbing their props and making sure their mics are secure.

"Without further ado, Gunter and Rosita."

The moon lefts up along with the curtains to reveal a background of a home and Rosita walking on stage carrying a laundry basket. She walks up to the prop dryer as the music starts to play.