𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐝

┏━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━┓

It was a typical Saturday morning, which means cleaning day. Me and the kids wake up early to do our chores and then I take them to get ice cream as a reward. It became our little tradition since Tae came up with it.
I walked into the kids room to wake them up by slightly opening the blinds and letting the soft sun rays touch their soft skin. I see Yeseul stretch in her covers.

"Mum?" She whispers and I sit down next to her on the bed kissing her on her messy hair. Her eyes still closed she cuddles with me for a moment. Yeseul is a big girl now. She is 8 and my first born child.

"Morning baby." I kiss her on her temples and let her wake up while I walk over to wake Haru up. He's my younger child and he's 6. I pat his back gently to let him know it's time. He opens his eyes and cuddles his plushie that Taehyung gave him for his first birthday.

"Hi mommy!" He jumps out of bed to hug me, his tiny hands holding my leg. I pick him up and smother him in kisses. Haru giggles. God he resembles Tae so much. He has his eyes, his lips and his body smile.

After they got dressed and ate their breakfast we watched a bit of tv and then headed to cleaning. I gave them the simple tasks so today's task included going through the shelves and wipe off the dust while I take care of the kitchen as well as prepare lunch. They never complained about cleaning, I always made it fun in some ways. We did a great job raising them the way we did. I couldn't wish for better children.

After I was done with the kitchen, I went to check on my little helpers. I enter the living room to see them sat on the couch holding something.

"Mum, we found this! It's full of pictures of you and dad!" When I saw them holding my photo book, my heart dropped. I guess the time has come to tell them about Taehyung.

"Where is dad now mom? I miss him so much." Yeseul sighed as her tiny finger traced a picture of Tae smiling brightly.

I swallowed a lump that was in my throat

I swallowed a lump that was in my throat. This was the day that I feared the most, buts I had to tell them one way or another. I sat in between them as Yeseul handed me the book. The heart break I felt 5 years ago came back like never before. I closed my eyes and breathed calmly.

"I miss him so much too, but he's in heaven looking over you every day as your angel." I said tears forming in my eyes. Taehyung died of cancer. It all came so suddenly a year after Haru was born. I never imagined loosing him so soon and so young, especially after we had our kids. I never told them much about how he died, but I feel like this is the right time to do so.

"Please mum, tell us about dad." Haru said. He didn't seem as heartbroken as Yeseul was, he was only one year old when he died. It makes me so sad that he never got the chance to know his dad. He never got to play football with him, he never got to teach him how to bike, he never got to have a boys conversation with him. It breaks my heart in million pieces. Yeseul turned four at that time. She was his little girl, his princess. Taehyung wished for a daughter so bad so he treated her like a treasure he had to guard with his own life. And Yeseul loved him equally. I remember them building a pillow fort and eventually falling asleep inside. I'm sure there is a picture of that moment in the book.