xiamen

after filming keep running, shen yue had to stay in the fujian province to attend the starry oceans young actors plan in xiamen. convenient, since the keep running filming location was just a few hours drive away from xiamen, so she didn't have to stress about moving far from place to place.

it would be fun partaking in the event again, and seeing many other young talents there, both new faces and old friends. and she knew from the hot search and the old f4 group chat that a very certain old friend would be partaking too.

she was very certain she would be put in the same group as him, because reuniting the meteor garden 2018 couple would bring in a lot of viewers. and what better way than putting all the spotlight on shen yue and wang hedi. she almost felt a little sorry for xing fei and guo cheng, their other teammates, knowing they would probably get overshadowed. but the show runners knew they had to bring in viewers one way or the other, so putting the spotlight on shen yue and wang hedi was what they did.

in another part of xiamen, a certain chen zheyuan was working hard on finishing his final scenes for the drama "hidden love". zhao lusi, his co-star, finished a few days earlier. his filming was delayed though, because of his participation on keep running.

but hey, it was worth it just so he could spend some time with her again, not only to make up for the loss of promotion she had to do alone, but also to be with his not-exactly-girlfriend-but-not-exactly-just-a-friend-either, before they both became too booked and busy to find time for each other.

during a break he decided to check weibo. rising on the hot search list was "wang hedi and shen yue reunite for 2022 starry oceans" and "meteor garden cp reunion".

interesting.

out of pure curiosity and boredom, not at all jealousy, he decided to check out one of the hot searches.

cp edits and videos flooded his timeline. despite knowing better, he started scrolling. and scrolling. and scrolling, reading what the fans and melon sites were writing. some fans were saying this was proof of the diyue ship being real, while others were bashing shen yue for "ruining" their ship that wang hedi had with another costar.

realizing his break was about to be over, he instead opened wechat and sent her an encouraging message wishing her luck on filming today. (lowkey hoping he'd get one back, but he knew they probably had phone restrictions at the time of filming.)

miss tonton felt yue's phone vibrate in her pocket as she had to be watching it while the group was feeding all of the chickens. she could imagine who the messenger was, but did not want to pry or invade her privacy. instead she smiled knowingly while trying to catch yue's eyes.

currently preoccupied with catching a chicken, yue did not notice miss tonton trying to send a signal to her. wang hedi though, did, and instead of telling her about it, he decided to do what any good c-celeb would do, and sprinkle in a little fanservice right there.

being stood a few steps next to her, he closed the distance between them, put his hand on her arm and pulled her up from her crouching position. he gestured with his eyes towards miss tonton, and she internally sighed at his attempt of fanservice.

but when she finally met the gaze of her assistant, she knew exactly what she meant. you see, they had developed a secret look when "someone" was messaging her. and knowing this, yue decided she could tease her messenger a little.

knowing the camera was now on them, she leant up and whispered in didi's ear "you have your reasons for doing this, and i have mine." leaning back with a grin playing on her lips.

he leant down to her ear and whispered back "i know exactly your reasons-"

she leant back in shock and looked at him with furrowed brows. he gestured that she gets back close to his mouth again.