beijing outing

chen zheyuan had officially wrapped filming, shen yue had officially finished her awards show appearance. both were finally about to leave xiamen to return to their respective homes in beijing. both were looking forward to meeting up during their small breaks to actually catch up without it being a whole event.

he travelled in the morning, she in the afternoon. they both settled down in their houses after the hours of traveling. both said goodbye to their assistants for the day. both unpacking their bags. both settling on the edge of their beds to exhale after doing their chores.

shen yue laid down on her bed taking a deep breath and stretching her body. the past few days had been a little hectic, so she was looking forward to spending the free days she had on relaxing. a thought in the back of her mind was on a certain someone who also had returned to beijing the same day as her.

as she was about to message that someone, she was surprised to hear her phone ding with the name she was thinking about on the display. 'he actually took initiative for once?' she thought.

xc: heeyyyy :)

she had to smile and scoff at the same time because yes he did send a message first, but at the same time... what kind of message was that.

xs: proud of you to message first, but what am i supposed to say to that😭

xc: you can say heeyyyy back?

xs: i would hit you if you were here rn

xc: is that a threat;)

xs: maybe.
anyways what's up?

xc: just wondering if you have any plans for tomorrow

xs: nope

xc: ok great, then i'll pick you up at 10 tomorrow morning 😁

xs: ...okay
do i have a say in this or-

xc: nope just be ready or i'll drag you outside even if you're still in your pajamas

xs: do you even know where i live -_-

xc: ... i'll figure it out
okay good night see you tomorrow😁

xs: goodnight ??

seeing as he didn't read her message, she assumed he had gone to bed and that she needed to too. his messages did not give her any hint of what he had planned at all, (more like she was getting consensually kidnapped) but she figured out she needed good rest since he had sent her a good night text telling her to go to sleep at 8pm.

so that she did. after feeding zhima and finishing her nightly routine, she jumped into bed anticipating the following day.

__________

a knock on her door sounded at exactly 10:00 and she opened her front door only to be met with a chen zheyuan clad in black and holding a skateboard. his untamed hair was peeking out of the beanie he was wearing, and small-framed glasses sat on his nose. his eyes, a little tired and puffy, but still had that excited glint in them, met her questioning ones.

then it was his turn to eye her. she was wearing all white with hints of blue, a stark contrast to what he himself was wearing. his eyes automatically lingered on her legs, which were bare.

"isn't it too cold to wear shorts right now? it's almost winter." to which she shook her head and bid farewell to her cat to join him outside her door.

"so what's the plan for today?" she asked as they walked out of her apartment complex.

"i was thinking we could just go about our day as normal people. not celebrities chen zheyuan and shen yue, but a normal couple out on a date." he zipped his mouth shut as soon as the words slipped out. she was not supposed to know he thought of this as a date. what if she did not think of it that way. oh no now he had ruined everything and he would have to send her back for ruining the mood-