Chapter 2

——————————

Warnings: This part contains blood, and lots of imagery. Do not read if you have sensitivity to those things. :) 

Other than that, enjoy!

——————————

~| Tears of Blood |~

   Hannah slowly gained her sense again, making out the world around her. She had just woken back up from a terrible nightmare. It swiftly faded her mind as she looked around. There was this terrible pain on the side of her head, and the room she was in looked unfamiliar. Almost as if it were like a doctors office. Yet, a poorly made bedroom too? She felt her head pulsating with a dull discomfort. She found stitches, mending a large wound near her temple. Her head was still spinning as her surroundings shifted. A puzzled look washed over her. It was almost as if she had just been born. She couldn't remember anything. Not a single thing, she could hardly think straight. 

Moments passed before she gathered full ability to focus. The walls were boarded with small white tiles. There was a large metal door near the front of the room. It had a small, wooden chair, a bed with a few stuffed animals, a desk with a lamp, pencils, crayons, and paper in the corner. A large, buzzing light from the ceiling kept the rooms dull lighting. The floor was plain, grey cement. The place had a particular, "stale" smell. It stuck in her senses as she got up, walking towards a desk and running her fingers along it. Examining every details of the room, She glanced at the upper left-hand corner, there was a camera aimed down upon her, with a red flashing light. What was this? Some kind of creepy hidden camera show? She didn't enjoy being watched. The room looked like it was meant for a small child, why was she placed in here? 

She walked towards the door, slowly wrapping her hands around the handle. That's when she heard intense, heavy footsteps echoing from outside the door. Getting louder as they gained closer to her. She backed away from door, letting go. They appeared as if they were passing this way. Yet she abided this thought when they were outside of the door before she knew it. The footsteps stopped for a moment, and the door handle slowly went down. The door opened and she made direct eye contact with a tall, older man with long, brown-ish grey hair, walking in with a timid expression. He wore a dark grey suit with long sleeves, lighter grey pants, a navy blue tie, and some black leather shoes. The man had a near emotionless expression, which made it hard to tell what he was thinking. A small, pocket watch dangled from his left pocket, and made a "clinking" noise with every step he made. As for it was the only sound between them.

"Your awake!" He spoke, with a casual tone, smiling warmly before shutting the door behind him softly. Hannah looked at him, confused, terrified. Who was this man? Why is he acting like my friend?

"Who... are you?" She spoke, her voice trembling. 

"Well, If you couldn't tell, I am a doctor." He looked down as he pulled his long suit and tie. "My name is Dr. Brenner. Yet, you can just call me whatever you like." He smiled at her, his eyes staying presumably neutral. She was rather hesitant about him, looking at him with narrowed eyes. "Why am I here? Where am I..? Who even am I?" She asked, her mind lingering, struggling to remember. 

The "Doctor" studied her, her as a confused expression washed over his wrinkled face. "Well.. If I'm a doctor, then this must be my hospital." As he said this, he gestured around the room. "I'm here to help people like you who can't remember specific things. I will make it to the best of my ability to help you, only if you let me. Everything I do is for the benefit of your sake. Yet to do so, I need you to trust me." As he spoke, he began to pace, eventually stopping in front of the bed. "And..." He paused for a moment, his bushy eyebrows narrowing as he bit his upper index finger, staring off at something. "Your name is Faina, Faina Ballard."