2. Lost Weekend

-Katerina POV-

"I can't believe you guys snuck out the window," Isadora laughed after Anada and I described our escape mission to everyone on Javier's private jet. Her platinum blonde hair bounced as she laughed and her blue eyes pierced through her nearly shut eyes. We called her Paris Hilton due to the uncanny resemblance and because the Itzlan family's claim to fame was in the entertainment industry in Spain. They owned half of Ibiza.

"Oscar and I were standing there like this," Javier laughed with his arms extended and looking up like he was about to catch something. Everyone laughed at him and Mark poured everyone a heaping second glass of champagne. He handed a glass to his twin sister, Florence. The Longford twins were total opposites. The only thing they had in common were their looks. Dark brown skin and thick black coily hair that Flo wore in long braids. Her brother always had a clean fade and a sharp hairline. They were also transplants to Santiago, but from London, where their parents remained and led a music and TV production company.

"Cheers to hitting the slopes with my closest friends and double cheers to our escape artists," Ezra joked and we clinked glasses together and sipped the Dom. Ezra Gonzalez was the latest addition to our group. Anada and I had met her at boarding school in Buenos Aires. Her tall, slender build and symmetrical facial features were made for a runway and that's exactly where my mother put her. Ezra opened my mother's New York show at 16 and has been in dozens of designer features ever since. She was the only one who understood what it was like to hit a big break because her family was no more than middle class. We'd taken her in while she attended Nido and my mom had been generous enough to pay for here tuition, a form of payment for Ezra's participation in her ad campaigns.

As I sipped the fruity champagne, I spotted two outliers at the back of the plane. Oscar and his shadow, Clara Rey. Clara was the daughter of Rodrigo Rey, a prominent investment banker who ran his own firm, Inversiones Reyes. She'd had a crush on Oscar since she laid eyes on him in preschool, according to Javier. She played football with me, and it delighted me to know I beat her for captaincy 3 years running. Not that Clara needed a reason like that to be a bitch to me, she was an elitist at heart. She wasn't one to associate with "new money," as she said numerous times to Anada and me. It always confused me how someone as sweet as Florence could be best friends with a girl like her but I tried not to read much into it.

Our ski group consisted of Javi, Oscar, Marco, Flor, Ezra, Clara, Isadora, Anada and myself. We all played football together on the men's and women's team and most importantly, we all partied together pretty frequently. However, by my count, only 9 people were on the plane. "Hey Jav? Didn't you say 10 people were coming?" I asked him beside me.

He nodded. "We're picking up the guest of honor when we land," he assured me.

"Iris is coming?!" Anada smiled.

"Consider the jailbreak my birthday to her. Figured she could use some fun," he smirked and downed the rest of his champagne. Javier's parents sent Iris away to boarding school two years ago. She was only a year younger than us and was turning 16 tomorrow. Considering how often Javier's parents forgot his birthday despite him living in the same country as them, I couldn't imagine how Iris felt being a thousand miles away. The reasons for Iris' exile were unknown but it was safe to assume the Fontbona's didn't enjoy parenting. "Alright, boys and girls, lights out till Geneva. We have about 10 hours to get some shut-eye," he announced and dimmed the lights.

Anada found a comfy position in a plushy leather seat while I curled up on the couch and spread a blanket over myself. As I was about to close my eyes, Oscar's head appeared in my peripheral. "Move over," he whispered.

I shifted myself, and he took a seat beside me. He covered himself with half of the blanket and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "No room near your girlfriend?" I whispered and glanced back at Clara, dozing off in her seat.