Part 14

As they were brought into the room, Betty was told what to do by the nurse before the doctor came in with a smile on her face.

Doctor- Betty, Jughead, it's great to see you two again! Do we have another baby on the way?

Betty nodded and let out a deep sigh making the doctor laugh.

Doctor- Just as nervous as the first time I see, I promise this one will be a lot easier now that you know what to expect.

Betty- Thank god.

Doctor- (chuckles) Well you know how this is going to go, just pull up your shirt and I will pour the gel on your abdomen.

She nodded and did as she was told and watched as the doctor poured the gel on her stomach. She placed the wand above her abdomen and rolled it around to find the baby.

Betty and Jughead were holding each other's hands tightly, but then they heard the small little heartbeat, and everything stopped.

~Flashback~

Betty was in tears as she heard her baby's heartbeat for the first time. But the tears weren't out of happiness like they should have been, they were out of fear.

The doctor walked out, giving the couple a moment to themselves, but as soon as she had left, Betty broke down.

Jughead- Baby? What's wrong?

She brought her knees up to her chest before wrapping her arms tightly around them. Then she felt a hand on her shoulder.

Jughead- Betty, talk to me.

Betty- I-I'm scared.

Jughead- My love, it's okay to be scared, I'm scared too...but I promise, this is going to be the most amazing experience of our lives.

Betty let out a loud sob as she listened to his words, but he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head, reassuring slightly.

Jughead- This is going to be hard and this is going to be scary, but I'm gonna be here through all of it. I'm not going anywhere, we are doing this together. I love you, Betty.

Betty- I love you too, Juggie. (sniffles)

~End of Flashback~

Doctor- There's your baby!

Jughead- W-Wow. (softly)

Betty had tears in her eyes as she squeezed Jughead's hand tightly.

Doctor- You look to be around 14 weeks along, and as far as I can see the baby looks healthy! Would you like some sonogram pictures?

Betty nodded silently.

Doctor- Alright, well, I'll give you two a moment while I print those pictures.

Then she walked out of the room allowing Betty to pull down her shirt and shut her eyes tightly.

Jughead- Betty?

Betty- W-What? (softly)

Jughead- Are you okay?

Betty- No. (softly)

Jughead grabbed the chair that the doctor was sitting in and pulled it over to his wife, sitting right next to her.

Jughead- Talk to me, Betts.

Betty- Not now. (softly)

Jughead- Betty...

Betty- P-Please, give me some time. (softly)