Bam's Challenger

The sound of heavy breathing immediately caught your attention as you made your way up the stairs, taking a turn to the left as you reached the top, noticing the door to Jungkook's gym was open, deciding to head across and peer in.

"What are you up to?" You laughed, watching Jungkook continue to punch against the bag that was in front of him, the definition in his muscles clearer than you had ever seen it before.

"Give me a moment," he called out in reply to you.

You stood back as he punched the bag a few more times before stepping back, ripping the gloves off of his hand. "I thought you were having a heart attack or something with how loud you were."

"I'm just working hard," Jungkook proudly replied, bringing his eyes down to stare against your hand that was resting against your blossoming baby bump, "I might not be able to do this soon."

You took a few steps closer to Jungkook as he steadied his punching bag, watching several beads of sweat run down his body. "You know, you don't have to do it now either."

"I do, I've got to be strong for you," he responded, just as footsteps entered the room.

You both looked back, watching as Bam strolled into the room, wondering where you had gone after abandoning him in the living room. "And have you got to be strong for this one too?"

Jungkook knelt down as Bam approached him, placing his hands behind Bam's ears and tickling against them gently. You watched on with a smile as several loud giggles came from Jungkook in reply to Bam nuzzling closely into him.

It didn't take long though before Jungkook's attention turned back to you, noticing that he was knelt at the perfect level to be inline with your bump. "How's little bean treating you today, it sounded like you were having a pretty restless night last night?"

Your head nodded, still feeling the effects of such a terrible sleep, "I napped for a bit downstairs whilst you were up here, I had Bam by my side just in case anything happened."

"Why do I get the feeling that me and him are becoming rivals?" Jungkook teased as he stood himself back up, "am I going to end up having to fight my own dog in order to be the person that takes care of you the most?"

"You can both take care of me; I really don't mind."

The smug smile on your face was something that Jungkook had come to expect from you, you loved having him by your side to protect you. But you couldn't lie, you loved having Bam too, following you around wherever you went to keep an eye on things.

You weren't too sure how much of an influence Bam was on how much more time Jungkook was spending in his gym, but you'd certainly noticed him making a lot more effort. With your due date not too far away, Jungkook was determined to make sure that he was in the best shape to be there for you, and your daughter too.

"Do you want anything to eat? Or are you going to carry on here for a while?" You asked him.

"I'll grab something, don't you worry," Jungkook responded.

Your eyes closed, knowing all along that he was never going to let you do something for him, more than happy to take the responsibility on himself. He had wrapped you up in cotton wool, barely letting you lift a finger out of constant worry.

"I don't mind making you something, your shake powder is in the cupboard, right?" You questioned, trying to push him one last time.

Jungkook's head shook again though as he reached across and picked his water bottle up, before wrapping his arm around your waist. Bam quickly hovered as Jungkook got closer to you, never straying too far from your side, even when it came down to Jungkook.

"I'll cook, I've got to look after you guys," he simply smiled as Jungkook began to lead you towards the stairs, "making sure you eat is more important."

"I had a bit of fruit not too long ago," you explained, "that should put me on."

Although you were talking, Jungkook wasn't listening, knowing full well that fruit was never going to do it for you. All through your pregnancy, you reminded him how you were eating for two, and so he made sure that you ate enough to be able to eat for two too.

"We can eat, and then I'll shower, I bet I stink right now, that workout was a tough one."

You couldn't hide your smile as you continued to watch the sweat fall from Jungkook's body, something that he very quickly picked up on too as soon as he looked to meet your eyes.

His body had been something that he knew was always a weakness for you, and he certainly loved to use that to his advantage too. As he began to flex a little harder around you, you struggled to keep yourself together, turning your eyes away as soon as you began to feel your cheeks darken.

"Stop," you laughed as a hand tapped against the side of your baby bump, with the command enough to make your four-legged friend beside you bark.

"I'm not doing anything wrong Bam," Jungkook groaned as he was quickly warned by Bam not to put you in any harm, "why does he hate me these days?"

Your eyes rolled as you looked back across to Jungkook, knowing exactly what Bam was like. Most people might think that your bump was Jungkook's and yours, but they had no idea how wrong they were, as you made sure to share your bump with Bam too.

"Maybe we're having too much fun without him," you tried to suggest in reply to Jungkook.

"He constantly gets to have fun with you, he never leaves your side," Jungkook laughed, "I guess I've just got to try harder in the gym to be your protector."

Your head nodded as Jungkook led you into the kitchen, pulling out a chair for you to sit in at the island that was in the middle of the room.

"If it makes you feel any better, seeing you working hard in the gym is definitely something me, and the bump, could get used to," you teased.

Jungkook's hand tickled into your side once again before letting you go, making his way across to the oven and switching it on. As he did, the space that he left beside you was soon filled, as Bam curled up at the foot of your chair.

Your expression flattened as Jungkook looked back to you, "talk about jumping into someone else's grave, he couldn't fill that spot quick enough."

"You were the one that said all those years ago that you wanted the two of us to get on," you reminded him, bringing a smile to his face.

"I didn't think you'd end up getting on better with him than me," Jungkook laughed back at you, "we certainly know who is in charge in this household."

As you spoke, Bam's ears continued to prick up, almost as if he knew that you were talking about him without even having to mention his name.

"How lucky am I getting protected in pregnancy by two?"

"You're very lucky, as long as I'm your number one."

————