II

"Please spare my life." the pitiful young man heaved between desperate sobs, "I'll do anything at all, just please get me out of here before they come back, I beg of you."

Why do you choose to ignore your instincts, your majesty...?

Your prey is begging you for mercy..

He said he'd do anything you desire..

or... you could just kill him.

...Drink him dry.

For the first time in his life, Jin struggled to control himself. For some reason or another, a swarm of intrusive thoughts kept invading his mind as this biting, invasive hunger crept onto his throat and abdomen- effectively clouding his senses. The smell of this room was intoxicatingly savory, nearly to the point of making him drool; however, injured, bloodied bodies of elfin men strewn about haggardly were the only sight to behold.

It felt as if his internal humanity was on the brink of collapse until he peered up at the man's glittering, pleading golden eyes. Those very eyes that were slicked with pitiful tears shone so brightly with purity instantly defogged his mind, so he once again reclaimed his humanity.

"Alright, but this isn't some plot to try and kill me the second I turn my back, is it?" Jin questioned, kneeling down slowly to meet the blonde man's fearful gaze. "I've been told by my brother that my naivety would get me killed one day and I really don't want to prove him right."

The elfin boy peered up at the prince cautiously as tears welled in his doe-like eyes. "What do you take me for, some fiend? Open those pretty eyes of yours and take a look around you." He cried in a hushed tone, muffling his words with his tattered sleeves. "My brethren are being slaughtered all because these damned cultists of Arythia cannot bear to coexist with us non-human magic users. You must believe me. I'd do anything to get out of here."

Just one taste...

It'll be quick, I assure you...

Quench your thirst..

Do it.

Seokjin narrowly managed to ignore his own sickening thoughts as he took the man's frail hands into his own, giving him a reassuring smile. "The church is our shared enemy it seems. Ahhh Well, since that's the case, I'm gonna have to bust you out of here, but we have to be quick- and you must find it in your heart to trust me." he reassured the elf. "What is your name?"

"Jimin." he croaked, wiping hot tears off of his rosy cheeks. "And yours?"

"I'm Jin." the prince pulled Jimin to his feet with ease. "Now, come with me, Jimin. Keep your eyes on me and try your best not to look around you. Take my hand."

With some hesitation, Jimin focused his teary eyes onto the prince and let out a shaky whisper as he squeezed Jin's hand firmly.

"Go on. Be quick."

Swiftly and gracefully, the royal son led the imprisoned boy carefully through the depths of the torture chamber where beaten bodies lay all around. Every now and then, Jin would peek over his shoulder to make sure that Jimin was keeping himself together, as nobody should have to see a chamber such as this one. Not a soul.

After they reached the exit, Seokjin urgently tugged Jimin out of the chamber by his wrist and exhaled with relief as the rickety door clicked shut behind them. The air of the hall was much less stuffy and the room itself was brightly lit compared to the prison chamber. Now that the strong scent has weakened significantly, Jin no longer struggled to fight for his sanity. Better yet, he could now put all of his focus on Jimin's escape plan.