A sight we havent seen in a while

When kaeya awoke again, he was lying on a soft white bed, wearing nothing but his boxers under a blanket. His mind was voided with fog as he tried to sit up, wincing in pain as he feels as if he's been asleep for years. Looking around him for anyone, Kaeya found nothing was at sight, not a single person.

The knight sat at the edge of the bed after some time. He looked at his degloved hands with a blank expression, unsure of what to do or how he got here. All kaeya could remember was the pain, the agonizing agonizing pain.

"You should've told us where you went," a deep toned voice rumbles from the direction of the door. Kaeya snapped his head to see who it was; though, he could already tell by his tone and how he spoke. It was diluc.

"Came to visit your little bro while he's sick, how sweet of you master diluc." Kaeya joked with a broken voice. Dilucs eyes widened slightly before going back to normal, his brows furrowed.

"Dont talk, you sound horrible." Diluc walked up to kaeya. The closer the redhead grew to the bluenette, he could see that diluc was holding a folded pile of clothes- his clothes.

Kaeya perked a brow at diluc, questioning his wording a bit. He knew what he meant but it still finds it funny to tease the shorter male. "How could you say such a thing? Personally I find my voice quite nice." He placed a hand on his chest as he gave diluc a hurt expression.

Kaeya noticed diluc was staring at his face, a distressed look on him. Though, kaeya didn't say anything, seeing as he didnt know why diluc was staring so hard. Maybe he really didn't like kaeya that much...haha..

"Lisa sent me to give you your clothes. Get dressed,'' Diluc finally broke his silent stare, throwing kaeyas clothes next to him with a sigh.
"If you're feeling better you should go see jean, she's worried about you."

"That i'll do," kaeya said, again with a raspy broken voice. He pulled his shirt over his shoulders quickly, worried about how jean would state her worry this time.
"Are you working the tavern tonight?" Kaeya asked, buttoning his top up, leaving the last few top buttons undone.

Diluc stood quiet for a second, facing the door with a stoic expression. "Yes." Then he left, leaving kaeya in the room alone, silence bouncing off the wooden walls.

"See you too." Kaeya pulled his pants, gloves, and jacket onto himself, sighing as he gets up and walks out the same door diluc went through. He proceeded out the hall, finding that he was in the KOF headquarters.
'That makes things easier i guess.' Kaeya thought, walking down a flight of stairs and into the main lobby.

Standing in the lobby were the typical knights, guarding their typical doors. They saluted at kaeya as he passed by, him waving his hand in return before entering the grand masters office.

"You called?" Kaeya peeked his head in the room before walking in completely. The acting grand master, jean, was sitting at her desk, pen in hand.

She looked up, shock filling her eyes as she stands. "Kaeya!" Jean whisper yells as she walks over to him quickly, worry and concern evident on her face. He raises his hands in a flinch, palms facing out and chuckled nervously, a faux smile set upon his face.

"We were all so worried." Jean had came up to kaeya, inches away from him. She pulls her arms out and wraps them around the taller male, hugging him tightly.
"Im so glad you're okay..." she spoke, voice shaky and uneven- she was crying?

"He-hey hey! Its fine im here, nothing happened tha-" jean cuts him off.

"Something did happen!" She pulls away to look him in the eyes; Then, hers widened. "Kaeya...?" She spoke faintly.

What was going on? Kaeya couldn't understand, first diluc, now jean.

"Im fine really." He spoke gently to her, crouching down to her height slightly. Kaeyas voice was still shit, and it most likely will stay like that for a while. Couple hours, days?

Before jean spoke again, she placed a hand over kayak left cheek, rubbing gently at the skin in a comforting manner. "Your eye, kaeya."