Thirteen

Thirteen
#

Ring ring.

Harry lunged for the phone and snatched it off the handle. "Rooney?"

"Um, no. This is Hannah."

He couldn't mask his disappointment. "Oh."

"Sorry if I wasn't the person you're looking for."

"No, no, it's just..." He sighed. "Sorry, never mind. How may I help you?"

"Well, there's like, this boy named Tyler, and like, I really like him, but he seems to, like, be really into my friend Callie. I like, don't wanna flirt with him and get labeled desperate, y'know? What do you think I should do?"

"You really wanna know?"

"Yah."

"I think your trivial, stupid problems are so irrelevant that you shouldn't even be wasting our time with it. Go take them somewhere else."

"Screw you, asshole."

Click.

"Alright, buddy. That's enough of you manning the hotline." Luke nudged Harry out of the office chair, sitting in it himself. "If you keep flipping out on callers no one will call in anymore."

"Speaking of callers," Emma drawled, applying lipstick and gazing vainly into her compact mirror. "What ever happened to that one girl that always called in? What was her name? Roon Man?"

Harry shrugged, trying to ignore the weight on his chest at the mention of her superhero name. "She just... stopped calling."

Just hold on for a little while longer.