hell's coming with me

Wet armor is not easy to move in. Unfortunately, Technoblade didn't come to this realization until after he'd already pulled himself onto the shore outside the prison, metal dripping and clothes sagging. He took a deep breath of relief, hugging the grass for a moment.

Until something crunched a few feet away from his head and his eyes flew open.

He glanced up to see a tall teenager peering down at him. "Who are you?" Techno asked, confused. Slowly, his gaze drifted behind the teenager to see three other armor-clad warriors staring at him, stunned.

Quickly, Techno scrambled to his feet, fumbling for the axe at his belt as he slipped. His boot landed deep in the mud of the riverbank, throwing him off-balance for a moment. "That's a lot of people," he groaned under his breath, clutching the soaked handle of his axe. There was a loud clamor from behind him, and he shouted over his shoulder, never taking his eyes off of the people ahead of him. "Guys, we have guests!"

"What?" came the frantic reply as a drenched blond surfaced onto the shore. He gasped for air, quickly pulling himself to his feet. When he finally glanced up, he jumped, immediately yanking his sword from the scabbard. "Oh, crap. "

There was a moment of silence as Techno and Dream stared at the riverbank full of people. The teenager seemed confused, glancing between the two like he was watching a tennis match. The other man that Techno didn't recognize awkwardly placed a hand on the hilt of his sword. Another warrior, Jack, seemed surprised to see them.

But the final man just gritted his teeth. "Dream," Sapnap growled.

"Techno," Dream whispered, just loud enough for him to hear, "we need to leave. Now."

Techno shook his head slightly, adjusting his grip on the handle of his axe. "Not without Connor and Ranboo," he murmured in reply.

Dream barely concealed a groan of frustration.

"Thank god you made it here!" someone cried from behind them. Techno glanced over his shoulder to see Connor racing towards them, the hoodie of his costume poking out from under the mis-fastened chestplate. Ranboo was close on his heels, wincing painfully at every step through the shallow river.

Behind them emerged Sam, still dripping wet from the tunnel. "What are you doing?!" he yelled at the crowd frantically, gesturing to Techno and Dream. "Get them!"

And with that, the battle started.

Dream immediately leaped into action. His sword arced through the air so quickly that Techno thought he might be superhuman. The two new people took after him, with Jack flanking them. Sapnap seemed distracted by something over the hill, but Techno didn't have time to check what it was.

Connor smacked into his back as he reached the shore and Techno shouldered him aside, raising his axe to meet Sam's blade. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Ranboo make it onto dry land and immediately fell back, stepping to the side of a blow. "Let's move out, boys!" he shouted over the din of metal clashing on metal. Before he could move, however, he heard the whip of wind as a weapon swung straight at his head.

Ducking at the last moment, he was barely able to whirl around in time to meet the angry tirade of blows. "What the hell do you want?" he shouted in bewilderment, parrying as if his life depended on it. Which, technically, it did. "I thought you wanted Dream!"

"Is this your fault?! Is it your fault he's out?" Sapnap screamed, advancing as fast as he could. Techno brought his axe above his head to hold the blades steady at the last possible second. His boot slid in the gravel of the bank and he gritted his teeth.