v. Cᴏɴsᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴄᴇs

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fɪᴠᴇ
« Aɴ Iɴᴄᴏᴠᴇɴɪɴᴄᴇ »

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fɪᴠᴇ« Aɴ Iɴᴄᴏᴠᴇɴɪɴᴄᴇ »

THE DWARVES SCREAMED in pain, unable to cover their ears. The trolls covered theirs, but it was no use. The Siren's scream was too strong. The trolls brains rattled in their skulls, one by one fainting, their eyes rolling into the back of their heads. Only then did the scream stop.

A loud crack was heard and the sun blinded the company. The passed out trolls turning to stone. Gandalf rushed into the clearing, firstly releasing Bilbo from his sack. The two helped the others, until Adella was the only one left.

Thorin, sword now back in hand, ran at the Siren, pointing it at Adella's throat, the sharp tip of the blade kissing her skin. "What were you thinking?" He glared down at her. "You almost killed us all!"

"Calm yourself, Thorin, Adella wasn't trying to kill anyone." Gandalf walked towards them cautious. "She knew exactly what she was doing."

"What of tha trolls, then?" Dwalin motioned to the creatures now encased in stone. "You mean to say she wasn't tryin' to kill 'em?"

Gandalf rose a brow. "Like I said, Master Dwarf; she knew what she was doing. She only put them into a state of sleep. It was I who brought death upon them. She has sworn to not harm you."

"She broke the vow." Thorin seethed, staring at Gandalf harshly. "She knew the seriousness of this. She must pay the consequences."

"She saved your lives." Gandalf protested. "Are you not curious as to how her call didn't affect you in the same way?"

"That's no excuse." Thorin turned back to the female and pressed the tip of the sword further into her neck, piercing her skin. Adella closed her eyes. He was right. She knew what would have to happen. She was ready.

"Uncle, please." Kili begged.

The King ignored his nephews plea. He raised the sword, ready to plunge it into her chest. With one final look at his kill, he felt his arms stall. A tear slipped down her pale skin. Something inside him fought against his better judgement. He placed his sword back into its sheath, before stalking away.

Bofur and Kili quickly rushed forward, pulling the girl from the sack. "Oin!" Bofur yelled, noticing the small bleeding cut on her neck and the redness under her hair.

Oin came over, checking the girls injuries. "Most likely from the blade." He mentioned as he cleaned the cut. "Her head'll be alright. Just a tad bit irritated from the manhandling."