the narcotics triangle

As it turns out, it really helps when you have a pool table in your house growing up

As it turns out, it really helps when you have a pool table in your house growing up. I did not have a pool table in my house growing up. But do you want to know who did?

Dino. And Antonio. And Xavier. And Théo. And Valerie. Luciano didn't, but he doesn't count.

Guess who got their ass handed to them?

Me.

But when we have our shooting competition next week, who's gonna win that?

Me.

Hey, we all have our weaknesses. Apparantly mine is trying to get a ball in a hole by hitting another ball with a long stick.

But look on the bright side! Théo smiled at me. Well, I think it was more of a smirk but I think he's warming up to me.

When I left the game room that night, I was laughing my butt off. That laughter immediately disappeared when I remembered what I had waiting for me on my bed when I got back to my room. I had tried for as long as possible to keep the letter in the back of my mind.

Normally, I'm a great procrastinator but evidently it's hard to leave things off til the last minute when you're dealing with creepy letters from someone that probably wants to kill you.

Or worse.

I shuddered and tried to get my mind off of the nightmare that was waiting in my room. But it was 11:00 at night. And I had to go to school in the morning and deal with all of the work that I had missed while I was "sick."

I got up to my room and got ready for bed, making sure to lock my door before I opened the letter. I sat down at the foot of my bed with the letter in hand.

I opened the envelope and gently lifted out the message inside. This time there wasn't any pictures. Just a singular message on a piece of notebook paper with only two words scribbled on it messily, but those two words chilled me to my bones.

Miss Me?

I put the letter back in the envelope and hid it with the other message. I turned off my light and laid down in my bed, staring up at my ceiling.

This one wasn't as creepy as the other one, but it still sent the same message.

Whoever is trying to hurt me and my family can get to us easily and they want us to know that.

I thought back to what Raphael said in the dungeon.

"You have no idea of what is to come."

I knew what the Spanish had planned. Sebastián had told me his scheme. He was going to kill the Italian consigliere, Alessandro Marini, and then he was going to work his way up the chain of command.

What if that plan is happening as we speak? Why did Alessio need that information urgently? What happened?

I pulled out my laptop and looked up the current events in Houstin, hoping to see something big that Sebastián might have something to do with. I hate the man, but he's smart.