Nikon D750

After too many chicken strips, I finally leave Olive Garden. Still looking down at the camera, I step through the front doors.

*SMACK*

I stare at the floor in disbelief. The camera had dropped to the ground and shattered.

"I'm so sorry." Stutters the voice of the man who just bumped into me, causing me to drop the camera.

"I'm sure it's fine..." I assure him (and myself). I drop to the floor, quickly picking up the parts. All I can think about is how screwed I am.

"Let me see," he insists, dropping down to my level on the ground. He examines the damage for a second. "Your lens and viewfinder are completely shattered. Not very easy parts to replace... especially for this old Nikon D750."

"That's... helpful." I look at him surprised, quite impressed by his knowledge.

"What are you doing with this old thing anyways?" he seems genuinely curious.

"It's a long story. But I really needed it," I sigh, holding my head in my hands. "I'm screwed."

He considers this for a minute, seeing just how deeply affected I am by this. He reaches into his bag suddenly.

"Well, I just happen to have the same exact camera." He chuckles, pulling out the same Nikon D750 as mine and holding it out to me.

"You don't expect me to just take a $500 camera from you, right?" I stare blankly at his offer.

"When I break your $500 camera, yeah, I do," he holds it out to me further. "Take it. Please."

"It wasn't even my camera," I shrug him off. "Seriously, it's fine."

"Well, alright," He returns the camera to his bag with a puzzled look. "can't say many people would have that reaction..."

"What are you doing with a Nikon D750 anyways?" I question, standing up.

"I'm a photographer. If that hasn't been made anymore obvious by now," he smiles, holding out his hand for a shake.

"Peter Parker."