Sparks

(A/N): Hello, babes!!! I'm back with yet another inconsistent update for this book (what a shocker right-)!! Now, This story is very, very special bc it was born from an actual dream I had yesterday (11/29). Without further ado, enjoy <333

(A/N: HELLO THIS IS AUTHOR FROM THE FUTURE!! THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE TECHNICALLY, VERY MUCH STILL ON HIATUS LOL. I just forgot to post this, like it's been sitting in my drafts, completely finished, since December-)

 I just forgot to post this, like it's been sitting in my drafts, completely finished, since December-)

There was absolutely no way this was happening.

No. Fucking. Way.

"Hello, Mr. Brandon! We're from Sparks Electrical Service. You called about thirty minutes ago?", my cousin Elena asked unaware of the internal panic settling within me. The man on the other side of her, leaning ever-so-calmly against the side of his open door, smiled at her and stepped aside. "Yeah, I didn't expect y'all so soon. Come on in!", he greeted politely as he waved us in. 

This stranger had matched with me on a popular hookup app... and we'd planned to meet a week from now. As I crossed the threshold after my cousin, I nearly jumped out of my skin as his hand lightly brushed my arm. I glanced at him to see a light smirk gracing his pretty lips but he said nothing. When we'd matched, I knew he was completely out of my league. He was insanely tall, handsome, and, from what I'd read, quite the player. Still, I messaged him figuring that the worst that could happen was him not answering at all. I was pleasantly surprised with a response an hour later. That tiny bit of confidence led to several weeks of flirty texts, video calls, and e-dates.

Not only was he incredibly attractive and smooth, but he was also probably one of the sweetest and funnies guys I had met in a really long time. So when he asked to set up an irl hookup, I was excited and agreed instantly. His being interested in me was a major boost to my ego, so I'd ended up talking some pretty big shit. Shit I most definitely couldn't back up. I had heard about him from a few friends when I mentioned our dates and calls. He was experienced and a bit of a sadist, and though those things excited me, they made me nervous as hell. As we planned our meeting, I purposefully set the date as far back as I could to prepare for whatever he had planned. Now, standing here in the middle of his hallway clumsily fumbling around my tool belt, my time was up.

"Hmm, this is a pretty easy fix! There's nothing to worry about, we should have this done in about fifteen minutes. (Y/N), could you go get that other toolbox from the pickup?", Elena inquired while inspecting the meter box on the wall. I nodded, made a beeline for the door, and didn't stop or look up until I was back at our truck. Once, I was inside I let out a relieved sigh and began my search. While I rummaged around what seemed like countless compartments, thoughts and worries filled my mind.

He's wayyy hotter in person. Shit!!

What if he cancels now?!

Why does this uniform look so stupid?...