𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙨𝙚

third person pov...

Finney pulls himself together to get through his last few periods, waiting to tell Gwen what had just happened. Finney lays his head onto the desk, too tired to even bother interacting with his surroundings. Then finally, the bell rang. Finney jumps off his chair while grabbing his backpack, and races out classroom, to the front of the school. 

Finney waits patiently to spot Gwen in the crowd of highschoolers. They had to see eachother either way because they walk home together almost always. Out of the corner of his eye, he spots Gwen. Finney begins to speed walk towards her but she begins to pick up her speed.

"Gwen get your ass over here!" Finney yells as he begins to run after her. Gwen looks behind her but looks back forward, realizing Finney is chasing her. At this point, Finney didn't care people were staring  at them, even those five certain people.

...

Vance, Bruce, Robin, Billy, and Griffin walk out the school front doors, relieved school was finally over. They walk in a group as they discuss who's house they are going to today.

"Okay, I was thinking we should go to Billy's house today cause'-...is that Finney?" Griffin suggests but quickly changes the topic when he a running Finney catches his eye. The group turns their heads in Griffin's direction, also catching the sight of Finney running. Bruce bursts out laughing and Robin joins in. While Vance and Billy look hella confused, concerned, and curious. 

"Wait-...oh my fucking god and he's chasing Gwen!" Bruce laughs even harder, holding his stomach as it begins to ache. Billy walks quicker towards Finney's direction, wondering if he could catch up with them. Bruce's laughter dies down as he races after Billy, "What- Billy! Where the fuck are you going?" Vance huffs and runs after the two, Robin following behind. Griffin whines, "You guys know I hate running!" Despite his whining he gives in and runs after them. 

...

"Gwen you know we're going to the same location! There's no point in running you sneaky ass!" Finney begins to slow, panting. His face is flushed and his breathing becomes unsteady. He's so gonna kill Gwen. 

"Hey Finney." A monotone voice makes him jump. Finney turns around, looking at Billy. "Uh, nice to see you. If you don't mind me asking, why were you chasing your sister?" Finney blushes, fuck, Billy saw him run like fucking mainiac!

"Shit, sorry I must've looked crazy, huh." Finney's self conciseness just got even higher. Billy lets out a soft laugh. Finney's embarrassed frown turns into a smile, Billy's laugh is quite infectious. Finney joins into the laughter and Billy responds back with a comment.

"Nah, I thought you looked cool running, plus I deal with crazies everyday and your from it." Billy  smiles. Loud footsteps creep into Billy and Finney's ears. Bruce, Vance, Robin, and Griffin are currently running towards the both of them. 

"Do you wanna race towards my house so that they continue to run?" Finney asks, not knowing what just came over him to ask a boy he just met, to race him. Billy nods, "Why not." The two begin running, while the others have confused looks but continue to run after them anyways. Billy and Finney both emerge into laughter as they run, the sight is quite eye catching.

After a few more house down, they had finally made it to Finney's house. "Thanks for the great exercise." Billy grins. Finney smiles, his face flushing a gentle pink.

"Anytime Showalter." 

...