Epilogue

Two Days Later

Daily Prophet - Extra Edition

Voldemort overthrown
Ministry of Magic distributes wands

After the universally feared dark wizard Voldemort (editor's note: never mentioned by name, formerly known as You-Know-Who, known as the Dark Lord for four years) was overthrown by no one else than Harry Potter himself just ere-yesterday, Britain's magical community blossoms again. The Daily Prophet has already given a rough account of the events in yesterday's special edition.

In the meantime, our editorial team has received more details about what really happened: Harry Potter, dubbed 'The Undesirable' in recent years, managed (with the help of some high-ranking Ministry officials) to gain access to the Ministry of Magic, where Voldemort was just making his first public appearance since the end of the war. Potter, who had been missing for over four years, was said to have been brought to the Ministry a few hours earlier. According to Voldemort, he should be kissed by a Dementor and then executed in front of everyone.

However, as the Daily Prophet only learned after today's Ministry of Magic press conference, Potter's alleged capture was a sophisticated scam. Instead of him, none other than longtime Pursuit Squad leader Draco Malfoy was arrested, disguised as Potter. In doing so, he gave the Chosen One (editor's note: the term ‚The Undesirable' has been officially banned from the vocabulary of the Ministry of Magic) the decisive advantage that enabled him to defeat Voldemort for good.

Potter and Malfoy had help by Blaise Zabini, also a longtime officer in the Pursuit Squad tightly controlled by Dolores Jane Umbridge. After the first interrogations, it became clear that Malfoy and Zabini acted voluntarily in this matter to protect the magical community from further atrocities and restrictions by the previous regime. The Wizengamot is currently considering absolute impunity for the actions of the two Aurors involved. The Daily Prophet will report on the ongoing trials in another extra edition.

Dolores Jane Umbridge's case will be tried in a separate court proceeding. A date for the hearing has not yet been announced. Umbridge is currently in custody.

In addition to clarifying the incident, we do not want to withhold the latest developments from you:

As of this morning, Ministry officials are busy visiting the witches and wizards whose wands had been confiscated after the war. At this point, the Daily Prophet presumes to recommend all Muggle-born and half-blood witches and wizards to contact the Department of National Magical Cooperation to re-register as a member of the magical community.

Witches and wizards around the world are already celebrating the fall of Voldemort, and Britain itself is in for a memorable time of upheaval. Diagon Alley will shine in new splendor this coming weekend. Read on pages 3 and 4 of this issue which magic shops are finally allowed to open again and what else awaits you.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry will once again welcome all children with magical abilities from next summer on. All half-blood and Muggle-born children who have been denied education in the past four years will be allowed to complete the lost school years in two special classes. Read more about this on page 5.

The employment and lodging ban on all half-blood and Muggle-born witches and wizards is repealed with immediate effect. If you have any questions or require assistance (financial or advisory), please contact the departments listed on pages 6 and 7 of this issue.