You Play Piano?

The butler answered the door, he narrowed his eyes at the girl and her parents. Y/n's mother entered and started complimenting the mansion as Y/n and her father entered silently.

" Oh such fine taste! What grandeur!"

The butler scoffed and rolled his eyes as he pattered away. The Everglot couple stared in disgust at the family before them. The butler introduced the family.

" Mr. and Mrs Van Dort, with their daughter, Y/n Van Dort." He then pattered away again. Y/n's father stepped forward.

" Well, you must be Mrs.Everglot. I must say, you don't look a day over twenty." He complimented with a wink. His wife hit him in the stomach with her fan. Mrs.Everglot looked at them with unimpressed eyes. She turned to her husband, who was doing nothing.

" Smile, darling. Smile." She said in a low voice so only her husband could hear. The scowling man growled and rolled his eyes. Before turning back to the Van Dorts. His cheek bones wriggled in effort to smile making his eye twitch, and he ended up with a very creepy side smile.

" Well hello. What a pleasure, welcome to our home." He enunciated without moving his smile.

" Well thank you." Y/n's mother said as she fanned herself.

" We'll be taking tea in the West Drawing Room." Mrs.Everglot said as she motioned for them to follow. They all started away. Y/n sighed and went to follow, taking a glance at the mansion. She then spotted a piano right next to her. She stopped walking. The others took no notice and went ahead.

The girl played a few notes with a soft smile. She'd always loved music.

She started playing one of her favorite songs she'd written a while ago. She sat on the bench as she played softly. The low notes sounded tragic, but there were also higher notes that complimented the lower ones, it almost sounded romantic.

Edwin, still in his room straightening his hair, gasped as he heard the piano being played downstairs. He walked out of his room, and into the hall. The brown haired boy gently smiled as he saw a h/c girl playing the piano, not taking notice of her surroundings. Edwin slowly descended the stairs, silently coming up behind her as the girl passionately played. He watched her fingers move effortlessly across the keys.

Never before have I heard such beautiful playing. Edwin thought as he watched the girl. The mysterious girl took a glance behind her, her eyes widened and she startled, playing a sour note when she noticed Edwin standing behind her. She quickly stood and nearly knocked over a tiny vase that held a single flower. She put her hands on it to keep it from falling, before facing the boy before her and respectfully hanging her head down and clasping her hands together as she cleared her throat.

" Do forgive me." She pleaded.

" You play beautifully." The brown haired boy quietly said.

" Please, forgive me Mister Everglot...h-how rude of me to.." She noticed that the bench had also fallen over.

" Excuse me," She said as she bent over to put the bench back in its rightful place. Edwin watched her with curious innocent eyes.

" Mother won't let me near the piano, according to her, 'music is improper for a young man.' Too passionate, she says." He said as he rolled his eyes. Y/n took notice of how quietly the boy spoke. Almost like a whisper.