Do Forgive Me.

Y/n's parents rode down the town road in their family carriage into the night. A missing poster for Y/n glued to the back.

" Oh its almost dawn! Where could she be!?" Mrs.VanDort said angrily.

" Y/N VAN DORT ELOPES WITH CORPSE!" The town crier yelled as he rang his bell. " HEARTBROKEN GROOM TO WED WEALTHY NEWCOMER!"

" Wealthy newcomer?" Your mother gasped. " It cannot be!"

" Did he say corpse?" Mr.VanDort said, actually paying attention to that detail.

" Don't be ridiculous! What corpse would marry our Y/n?" She sneered.

The coachman, also the family employee, started coughing as he smoked his pipe. Mrs.VanDort rolled her eyes as she hit the top of the carriage.

" MAYHEW! SILENCE THAT BLASTED COUGHING!"

The man took the pipe out of his mouth as he sat atop of the carriage, still coughing profusely as he hacked. Suddenly, he started wheezing as doubled over. The man frantically tried to punch his chest as his eyes were terror struck.

He fell over the top, the carriage running him over as the horses didn't stop.

The carriage thumped as it ran over his body, Mr and Mrs VanDort looking at eachother thinking its a bump in the road.

" MAYHEW! Are you trying to kill us!?" The woman yelled angrily.

" Maybe something's happened dear!" Her husband tried to reason.

" NONSENSE! HE'S TRYING TO KILL US!"

The carriage continued down the road as Mayhew took his last breath as he lay on the cold, damp stone road.

*************************************************************************************************************

Back In The Land Of The Dead, P/n trotted up the steps, carrying the small handful of flowers. The pup had led you to where Varian was. You stared down at your pet as she wagged her tail. You sighed. You had to try and set things right. Even if he still resented you afterwards, he needed to know the whole truth.

You bent down and picked up the handful of baby's breath.

The corpse boy sat playing the piano, slow, bittersweet notes filled the air as he played the keys, his eyes downcast in sadness.

You slowly walked up behind him as the groom played with only one hand, too sad to play with both.

" I.." You started, not sure how to start. " I think you dropped this." You offered him the flowers.

Varian kept playing, his eyes shut, not responding.

You looked down in thought. You set the flowers on the piano before turning and taking a breath.

" I'm sorry." You simply said.

" I'm sorry I lied to you. I wanted to see my parents. It's just that this day hasn't gone- well...according to plan." You rolled your eyes and you quoted your parents' favorite words.
" But...I want you to know something important. The whole truth, Varian."

You raised your hand as you played a few notes on the piano, harmonizing with Varian's notes.

The boy gave you a side glance, hurt still apparent in his eyes. He played a few more notes, with both hands this time.