They're here

Nat's POV....

Tears drown her pain radiating from her wounds except where it hurts the most. Shallow breathes that fell silent as her whole world shatters for the glowing rock she would gladly take back if it meant she get to see her wife again. Selfishness corroding her as she growls angrily. Millions of people would return but she only yearned for one.

Final plunge into the warp of beaming light Talia crumbles in a heap, wailing. Panicking with lack of oxygen and frustration, she rips the helmet off flinging it with exhaustion. Concerned muffled voices blaring and still a ringing in her ears. Her head jars from the metal floor she once stood with her wife before the worried faces of the Avengers greet her. Her eyes trailed to Orianna who's face gleamed with happiness until she couldn't find Theo. Talia falters doubling over as she pounds her fists on the metal.

"Fuck! This wasn't suppose to happen! Teddy!" Talia roars angrily as her people swarm over to her, "it wasn't suppose to be her," she cries flinging the soul stone at Tony, "take the fucking stone," she hiss angrily.

"Where's Lady Arcane?" Thor rumbles.

"Where's Theo?" Bucky asks.

Clint sweeps in wrapping his arms around her firmly, "move," he commands shuffling the group out of the way.

Talia couldn't breath as she let Clint take her away, "it's wasn't supposed to be her," she repeats in between her cries.

"I know love, just hold on. Let me get you out of here," Clint says calmly.

Holed up in the dark for hours as she pours out her heart, Talia wipes her tears that seem to have appeared over and over again. "Why?" she pleads looking to the heavens, "why her? Why did it have to be us?" she roars angrily into the silence. She rolls to her side muffling her wails into the pillow pleading for an answer.

Bucky stood outside the door guarded by Clint as he comforts his crying wife. His eyes swollen from lost. He holds her tightly trying to draw the sadness to himself to spare Orianna.

"How could this be?" Anna cries, her voice raspy from her wails as her chest heaves for any answers. Bucky sways her with silence.

Anna fights him pounding on his chest, "it wasn't suppose to be her. Anyone but her," she sputters through her tears.

"I know baby I know," Bucky coos guiltily.

Orianna clings to him, "fuck this is a mess," she hiss as her eyes don on the door keeping the woman that ever loved her sister more than anything in the world. "The babies," she sniffles, "baby Clint," she breaths.

Bucky couldn't say anything as he nods sadly. Anna pulls away from him and places her hand on the door knob. She presses her forehead against the door, "you both should leave," she utters before entering the door.

Darkness envelopes her as she takes a few steps in and closes the door. Suppressed cries reaches her ears as she tries her best to find the woman.

"Get out!" Natalia growls.

Orianna stiffens but she knew she wasn't going to let anything deter her. She was at an ultimate lost, something that Talia shared with her. She lets out deep breaths finding her way towards the bed. Her knees flush against the bed before she slowly crawls into it. Keeping a short distance she lay there in silence and soon after she feels the bed creak from Talia's cries.

Anna's hand clasps the locket containing her and Theo's baby pictures, "I remember the most exciting day of my life was when I went to the market with my father and my eyes landed on two golden lockets. They were the most extraordinary thing I've ever seen and the first person I thought about was Teddy," she sniffles. She gulps down the knot in her throat, "they were just a little ordinary and old but it was perfect. So when I secretly purchased both, I was just ecstatic that I could gift my best friend with something so sentimental. She sure had the short end of the stick but that didn't deter her from being as brilliant. When I placed both our pictures in the locket, it wasn't perfect it was a bit sloppy but I was proud and scared that she would notice my faults. But when I pulled it out of my pocket, I seen something in her eyes that I couldn't fathom. Someone who had nothing and treated like dirt had looked at it as if it was the lost treasure of this world. That's when I knew that it wasn't about how expensive it was or the lavishness I was gifted. It never amount to riches but the deep sentimental value. She made me appreciate the small things in life and after that moment, I've always honored her that way," she expresses. She swipes her tears, "Teddy... Teddy was..."

Talia shifts engulfing her sister in law, "I'm so sorry," she murmurs, "I'm so sorry," she cries.

Anna breaks down gripping her shirt, "there's nothing to be sorry about," she counters, "Teddy wouldn't have let you sacrifice yourself. She loves you more than anything in the universe. This is not your fault. Blast this whole fucking mission. If she had a choice she would do it over and over again to save the love of her life," she stammers.

Nat sighs heavily letting Anna catch her for once, "it shouldn't have been her," she pleads.

Next morning....

Tears no longer fell as she whimpers staring up at the ceiling with Orianna sleeping peacefully beside her. Drained from the recollection of her fond memories with her wife, her heart was in million pieces as she thought about their children and the amazing things that she imagined now, without her wife, the mother of her kids. She felt tears prick her eyes but Talia wielded them as she erupted in anger.

A sharp pain causes her gasp as she fiddles around into her pocket. With streams of light breaking through the curtain her eyes melt at the sight of Theo's wedding ring, "Teddy," she utters under her breath slipping it onto her middle finger. It snugged perfectly as she smiles through her quivering. Her face scrunches in determination to honor her selfless wife. She shakes her head ridding herself of guilt and sorrow as her breathing deepens before a thrum of blasts shakes the grounds.

Anna awakens as Talia stood ripping the curtains open over the destruction of New York after the initial blimp. Lost of her breath, her eyes widen as heaps of spaceships hover just outside of the compound. Anna takes her side with panic, "they're here," she mutters before running off towards the Avengers.