~9~

~Elisa~
"Lisa, what did you do?!" my Aunt asked me as I was about to step out for work this morning.
"Aunt, I told you. I really wanted him to spend a day or two in jail. Too bad all he got was just a restraining order."
"Lisa, you framed him. For sexual assault. If he wasn't a Roberts, do you know you would have been putting him in so much trouble?''
"Well, I don't care. At least he's out of my skin. For now."
"Lisa, you---"
"Lisa?"
"Alex?"
Without saying another word, I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him.
"Hey, I'm sorry, I've been MIA these past few days, Lisa, I wish I would have been there. To protect you from him."
I smiled, running my hands through his hair. "It's okay. I took care of everything. Dinner later? I think I've got lesser schedules today. And Ava's going to be so excited you're back."
"Are you asking me on a date, Mrs lance?"
"Well, if that's what you want to call it, a date it is." I pressed a kiss to his chin. "See you later, Alexander." I said, heading out.
"Later, Lisa!"
~*~
"What?" Kara exclaimed, unable to believe what I just told her. "He made you come?"
I nodded.
"Girl, you haven't had a mind racking orgasm for God knows how long now."
"I do,"
"Ugh, With toys? Girl, nothing can compare to those fingers doing the thingy. And then the D. Tell me how was it?"
"I couldn't feel my limbs after that. It was as if he had my body trapped under his control. It was insane."
"And then you went and framed him. How cool." She said and slumped back on the chair lazily.
"I just had to do what needed to be done. Flynn isn't going to leave me anytime soon. I know him, Kara, an order isn't enough to keep him out of my life."
"So what are you gonna do now? You're gonna leave California?"
"What? Hell no. You know me. I never run away from a fight."
"Not when it's the one person who drives you insane. I wonder how you both managed to live a holy life in the past. If I had a man like Flynn, Bruh, I would be riding him down till eternity. Probably go a little kinky on him."
I glared at her. "Shut up."
She laughed on seeing the expression on my face.
"Oh come on. You've probably fucked him in your mind a time or two. Probably even imagined taking in that D. Girl, no wonder you allowed that nigga to drive you nuts with those fingers alone. You were probably....high on him. Got too tired of imagining yourself bouncing on that D."
I stood up. "You know what? Just get out. I'll see you in the evening."
"And that tongue doing the nasty thingy down there,"
"Jesus, Kara," I couldn't help laughing. "You do know we're talking about a man that I planned to ruin right?"
"Oh shut the heavens down those lips. You're only mad at Flynn because he got married to another woman and you're probably protecting Ava because you're scared his old hag of a mother would take her away from you,"
"No, I'm mad at Flynn because he let me suffer. He could have protected me but he didn't. It was almost as if he had the whole thing planned because after that day, I didn't hear another word from him."
"Girl, he was prolly paralyzed by that old hag. And it's obvious you still care about him. You still want him. Why are you fighting it?"
"Because if I don't, then I'll lose. Forever."
She sighed. "Nah, girl, you prolly dumber than I think yo are. I got a message," She looked at her phone. "From Liam," Liam was her boyfriend. When she winked at me, I groaned. She was about to say something stupid again. "Girl, I gotta go exercise this throat. And my legs too. Something 'bout to go down tonight. Sis, you stay the fuck in here lamenting about shits that are already in the past while I go let myself get that D." She said smilingly and walked out.
I sighed, dropping back on my chair.
~*~
~Flynn~
"Dude, she put on a restraining order on you?!" Daniel exclaimed, unable to believe his ears.
I nodded.
We were in penthouse and I was filling with stuffs that has happened the past few days including me seeing Elisa with a little girl and she zooming off.
"Damn. I thought she was bad. Mehn, she's evil."
"She said I didn't protect her back then. And that I was always picking my mother over our relationship."
"But dude, that's wrong! You were always against your mother."
I shrugged. "Well, what else can I do? She also said I took advantage of her. And dumped her afterwards."
"You didn't tell her that you traded your freedom for her life?"
I shook my head.
"Man, you loved that girl to sandpapers. How could she even think these things of you? And about that little girl? What did you do afterwards?"
"They got away even before I could get the chance to look at her face."
"Could it be possible that she and Alex have a child? I mean, they're married, remember? So it's probably not a crime to have a child with your husband, if you ask me."
"I don't know but she looked scared when she saw me. It was as if she wanted to get away from me fast. Like she didn't want me to find something out. Man, you should have seen her face, see looked like the Lisa that used to know."
"Wait, what really happened that night?" He asked, coming to sit close to me on the same sofa. "You said she came to you and--"
"I was drunk. But I sure as hell remembered every detail of it. Lisa has a habit of kissing me first and she knows that whenever she does that, I'm literally spiked with her charms. That night she came to me and she was murmuring something like, 'it had to be done.' When she kissed me and moved to take off my shirt, I told her that I didn't want to force her into anything. I told her I didn't want to do anything with her while I was drunk. And worse, I knew how badly she wanted to preserve her virginity and wait till our wedding night but I couldn't resist when she deepened our kiss and stroked me down there. And then I took control of everything. When I was about to bury myself inside her, it was as if she suddenly had a change of mind and she was muttering something like, 'No, I don't wanna do this! I don't wanna do this!" But I couldn't control myself. It was already too late."

"And then you fucked her. How hard was it exactly?"
"She got bruises. Her skin has always been that sensitive."

"Let me guess? She then made it seemed as if you forced her into it."

I nodded."After that day, I discovered mom was the reason for it all. She blackmailed Elisa into coming onto me. And I, fucking douche, couldn't figure it all out early. After that day, mom made me severe all ties her with her."

"And made it seem as if you took advantage of her and dumped her." He completed for me.

"Yes. But what I never got to figure out was why mom did it. Why did mom ask Elisa to sleep with me? I knew she did it to save her Aunt but why would mom suggest such an atrocity?"

"Who knows? Probably to tie you down with a responsibility or two."

And then it clicked. "A child. Mom wanted me to sleep with Elisa in a drunken state because she knew I've always been so careful about the women I sleep with, If I wasn't drunk."

"Problem is..you weren't drunk. You were drugged. And during such states, a man is careless and unable to think things through. She wanted you to sleep with Elisa without thinking straight, without realizing that a condom was needed. She wanted you to get Elisa pregnant and..."

"Bear a child. An heir. After which she'd probably take the child away from Lisa and send her away. Forever." Finally. The pieces are starting to come together.

"But I'm hundred percent sure your mother didn't get that chance and Elisa never got pregnant---"

"But maybe she did." That little girl. Why did she panic when she saw me? Normally, she would have waited to piss me off but she didn't. She didn't even allow me see the child's face. "What if--what if that little girl's is Elisa's daughter? Our daughter? " It couldn't be, could it? "Alex wasn't there. It was just the two of them. What if Lisa succeeded in taking the child away even before mom could get the chance to find out?"

"You're saying you're a father?"

"I don't know, man. But I'm sure as hell would find out."

~*~

"Here you go, Ava." I moved to put the spoonful of rice into her mouth but she just took it from me and even spilled out its content.

"I told you, mommy, I'm a big girl already. I can feed myself, way better than you can." I sighed, letting go, knowing I'd never be able to argue with her and win. "Hmm, Uncle Alex, this Jollof rice tastes so good." She said, shaking her head in satisfaction.

He smiled at her, pouring her a glass of strawberry juice. "You like it?"

"Like? I love it! Hm,"

"I remember my mom bringing me to places like this when I was very young. She would say, 'African meals were the best.' I chuckled. " Probably a great deal of a being a black woman. She always loved African cultures. Their vibes, their music and a lot of other things too. She was even planning on taking us to that part of the world someday before....before everything fell apart." A tear slipped down my eye.

Alex covered my hand with his. "It's okay. I'm sure your mom's proud of you wherever she is now. Both of your parents are."

I sniffled, lifted my gaze and smiled at him. "Thank you."

He nodded.

"Will you take me there someday too, mommy?" Ava lifted her head and asked. "To Africa?"

I smiled, planting a kiss on her temple. "Maybe, someday. When you're on holiday. Tell me, what part of Africa would you like to go to?"

"I don't know, maybe Liberia? Heard there's a lot of fun in South Africa, Ghana and even in Nigeria as well. One of my classmates said Nigeria has a lot of cool artistes, tell me mom will you take me there someday?"

I smiled, nodding my head. "Maybe someday. I'll take to you hundred of cool places as well. And then, you'd get to----"
"Lisa?"

I froze on hearing that familiar voice. The voice of the man whose thought has been haunting my mind all day long.
"Flynn?"

"Ohhhhh, it's youuu. The doppelganger. Nice to see you. I'm Ava. What's your name?"

~*~
Don't forget to like, comment and recommend this story to other people! And don't forget, the next chapter is already out on Goodnovel so go check it out!
Till next time, Favvies!
Yours lovingly,
Ana.