002 ~ intertwined

SOTC: snooze - sza (HER ALBUM IS AMAZING) <3

celine's pov

it was time for the date. as i got ready i slowly wondered,

"is this the right choice?" i asked. tyler helped me fix my hair and kyla picked out my shoes.

"what the hairstyle? it's perfect it really emphasizes the outfit." tyler said. i laughed at her misinterpretation.

"no going on this dinner with jude." tyler's eyes widened in enlightenment.

"well if you wanna pursue something with him, it's perfect. you guys can get to know eachother more." tyler replied.

"that's what i did with nate and y'all saw how that played out." i rolled my eyes. i cringed at the name that came out of my mouth.

"don't think about nate, leelee. you need a new beginning. you deserve a new beginning." tyler said.

"give jude a chance. we haven't met him but the way you hype him up? i think he's what you need right now." kyla added.

"okay you guys are right. just give him a chance. i need a new beginning." i exhaled all the stress out of my body. i was ready for my new beginning.

jude's pov

a surge of nerves shocked through my body as i began driving to celine's apartment. i was ready but i didn't really know what to expect from someone that i had just met the day before.

"what am i doing going to this random girl's house? what has gotten into you jude?" i said to myself. no matter what i said or thought, i still went, and i still would've went no matter what the case was.

celine's pov

after getting dressed, i headed down to the lobby to wait for him. tyler and kyla kept me company in the midst of my anxiety.

"dude this is a whole ass stranger i'm going on a date with." i said.

"then you wanna come back up to the apartment?" kyla asked smiling.

"well, no." i shrugged.

"exactly." kyla said. "you want this lee, so shake away the overthinking and just do it."

"right. i'm sure he's not gonna be an axe murderer, he literally famous." tyler scoffed.

"what if he is though?" i thought out loud.

"you'll never know unless you go." kyla and tyler looked towards the doors of the lobby. i turned my head and there stood a lost jude.

"oh shit, y'all couldn't warn me?!" i whisper-yelled.

"go!" kyla and tyler said in unison. i reassured myself before getting up and walking up to him. i heard tyler and kyla's lightly-spoken goodlucks in the background of my overthinking.

"hey jude." i walked to him. his head quickly turned towards me.

"celine, hi." he stumbled his words a little as he looked me up and down before giving me a hug. "you look great." he chuckled.

"thank you. you clean up nice yourself." i replied.

"thank you, thank you. you ready?" i nodded and he led me out to his car. i sat in the passenger seat and we headed off.

jude's pov

as i drove, i couldn't help but take the occasional glance at her. i felt all of the nerves i had before just disappear. in her presence, i knew there was nothing to be nervous about.

celine's pov

as soon as i stepped my foot into his car, suddenly i wasn't anxious anymore. i felt comfortable with him. in his presence, anxiety or overthinking was never a problem.